No announcement yet.

I just noticed about Jeff Horn...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just noticed about Jeff Horn...

His style is a blend of Shane Mosley and Roy Jones Jr.

The problem - the BIG problem - is he's nowhere near or as fast as either fighter. Their styles require speed, and Horn is way too slow. Barely touched a 40-year old Randall Bailey, but he certainly did try.

He's very effective in the trench - but Manny prefers to fight at range more often than not.

He eats punches so he can land his own - but Manny only needs to land one.

Add to that the fact he's never been on a really big stage like this.

On the flip, he's ranked #2 by the WBO, same as Bradley when he fought Manny the first time - and that was also assumed to be a mismatch. We saw what happened there.

And one of the judges is Waleska Roldan - the same Waleska Roldan who gave a gift to Heather Hardy in 2014.

Ref is Mark Nelson - the same ref who took a flush right from Hugo Centeno Jr. and wiped it off - but doesn't like inside fighting. Jeff's strongest weapon.

Something smells about Arum picking this guy. I wouldn't put money on it, but I would not be shocked to see a repeat of Pacquiao/Bradley I.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmnnnnnnn!!!!!

Comment

I was contemplating betting a couple of bucks on Horn so maybe I'll do it by decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
        I was contemplating betting a couple of bucks on Horn so maybe I'll do it by decision.
        did you bet on horn?

Comment

Originally posted by argentinabox22 View Post
          did you bet on horn?
          Convinced my friend to bet 20 so we'll be living like suburban kings.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
            His style is a blend of Shane Mosley and Roy Jones Jr.

The problem - the BIG problem - is he's nowhere near or as fast as either fighter. Their styles require speed, and Horn is way too slow. Barely touched a 40-year old Randall Bailey, but he certainly did try.

He's very effective in the trench - but Manny prefers to fight at range more often than not.

He eats punches so he can land his own - but Manny only needs to land one.

Add to that the fact he's never been on a really big stage like this.

On the flip, he's ranked #2 by the WBO, same as Bradley when he fought Manny the first time - and that was also assumed to be a mismatch. We saw what happened there.

And one of the judges is Waleska Roldan - the same Waleska Roldan who gave a gift to Heather Hardy in 2014.

Ref is Mark Nelson - the same ref who took a flush right from Hugo Centeno Jr. and wiped it off - but doesn't like inside fighting. Jeff's strongest weapon.

Something smells about Arum picking this guy. I wouldn't put money on it, but I would not be shocked to see a repeat of Pacquiao/Bradley I.
            damn, called it. Ref did very little in warnings tho.

Comment

Good call. Insanely good call.

Comment

He was open had no defense I wasn't really impressed by him more disappointed by how defensive Manny was

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                  He was open had no defense I wasn't really impressed by him more disappointed by how defensive Manny was
                  Horn was the better fighter tonight. I don't think I've ever seen Manny miss so many punches in a fight. He was reaching and missing badly. Horn was partly responsible for that though.

Comment

Whoa. Play the lotto.

But this was a close fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X