Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the better fighter Carl Froch or Sergey Kovalev?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Froch has the better resume..

Comment

Carl Froch.

Comment

Froch is Legendary

Sergey is gay

Comment

kovalev was a tougher test and a better win because of his size. he was also higher on the p4p list than froch ever was.

tgat said, froch had the better career at this stage. resumes and p4p lists are different things. froch accomplished a lot over the course of his career, and will probably get a lot of consideration in teh hall of fame.

kovalev may very well retire soon. his heart does not seem like it is in boxing any more. these russians, especially the older ones, grew up in conditions that poor brits and poor americans have a hard time understanding. now he's got two purses that were 2 million bucks each. he's got plenty of money to retire wherever he'd like, as long as it is not downtown manhattan.

true story, i work with a really bright engineer and project manager from russia. truly brilliant engineer. ask him where he's from and he'll tell you, "it's a long story."

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
            Froch. Silly question.
            got damn

Golota would be proud...now those are low blows

Comment

i would have said kovalev but he did show some signs of weakness when it comes to a dogfight in the rematch, so i do wonder if froch would have wore him down. his power also didnt seem to dent ward so not sure hed knock froch out. people forget how close froch v ward was too, ward won by 1 round.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                i would have said kovalev but he did show some signs of weakness when it comes to a dogfight in the rematch, so i do wonder if froch would have wore him down. his power also didnt seem to dent ward so not sure hed knock froch out. people forget how close froch v ward was too, ward won by 1 round.

styles make fifhts. kovalev would absolutely batter froch on the outside with this jab. froch doesn't have the speed to get inside consistently like ward, nor the tricks to stay there and do damage.

can't see how you'd say kovalev didn't ahv ethe power to dent ward. he put him down hard in the first fight. lesser offensive fighters have tee'd off on froch, namely jermain taylor and andre dirrell

Comment

In a p4p sense I think Froch at this moment is the better more proven fighter. You have to remember when making this comparison that Kovalev is a full weight division bigger than Froch, so h2h shouldn't hold too much importance because it really isn't a fair fight. What you have to put more emphasis on is whether Kovalev is a better 175lber than Froch is a 168lber.

Its very close though - I don't begrudge anyone who thinks Kovalev is ahead. He is a better boxer, more gifted, better schooled.

I just feel Froch is the ultimate truth machine. He tells you the truth about yourself as an opponent. If you are short in a certain area he will find it and exploit it. He is a 15 round fighter, he would have excelled in the 15 round days.

Kovalev's stock has dropped a touch, but make no mistake, he is a hell of a fighter, its what you like between the two of them, I would give Froch the edge...just. Kovalev still has time to prove more though.

Comment

Kovalev. Ward was able to defeat Froch with a broken hand.

Comment

Most in the thread seem to think it's Froch while the poll suggests it's Kovalev...interesting

Comment

Working...
                      X