Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia: Unless a Lucky Punch, I Don't See How Broner Wins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Puncher's chance, lucky punch, any difference?

Comment

Originally posted by HarryHurry View Post
      Mikey will be way to small for the bloated husky compacted Broner who will weigh 160 lbs fight night.
      Did you used to post under the name SteevePeeve?

I think you might be right. I'm going to see how Broner is doing in camp closer to the fight and if he looks like he is going to make weight and has the same determined mindset as he seems to have at the moment I think I will put a bet on him for the W.

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
        Garcia still has to prove some things after being out for so long. Ppl already were saying that he doesn't exactly love boxing and then he fell out for like 2 years.

Yeah, e all know he has skills, and maybe that will be all he needs....but I cant sit back and listen to Mikey and pretend that he has been out there risking and proving himself this whole time. Broner, for all his faults, has now faced better competition than he has, he's taken some beatdowns and still hung in there to finish the fight....earning Maidana's respect and dropping Porter late. I don't knwo for sure yet if Garcia could show that type of resolve if something more than a "lucky punch" landed
        I got mixed feeling about him being a genuine welter. On one hand I agree with him when he says he has only beaten himself but on the other hand he does look a little too small with not a high enough punch output to mix it with the top guys at welter. In the Maidana and Porter losses though as you stated it is impressive that he got to the end of both of those fight and that he dropped Porter in the 12th. People can call it a flash knockdown or whatever they like but that was a big shot for a guy to be landing after being mauled by porter all night. And now according to this Showtime interview apparently Maidana has told Mikey and Robert that Broner was one of if not the toughest fight of his career, he is physically strong, the biggest puncher he has faced and the punishment he took in that fight is one of the reasons he is now retired. So I reckon Mikey is going to have his work cut out for him in this one and if Broner doesn't "beat himself" again the current odds are wayyy too wide.

Comment

I'm certainly hoping broner comes in at 160... that would substantiate everyone's opinion about broner's lack of discipline... if in fact this is the case... I have mikey stopping him before the 8th!!! Broner will be too fat to go full force four rounds... by the 5 and 6th he will be drained, and looking at the ref for help like he did against maidana!!!! WAR MIKEY, send this dirty rat back to the sewers where he really feels at home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cgarcia View Post
            Way too small? All I've been seeing is they're exactly the same size.
            watch the weights fight night. Mikey will be 142lbs and Broner will explode plump up like a Ball Park hotdog to around 160 lbs. Broner is a blimp who might not make 140 lbs anyway and will take the fine and beat Mikey down just for the win. Watch and learn.

Comment

Originally posted by MexicanStyle#1 View Post
              I'm certainly hoping broner comes in at 160... that would substantiate everyone's opinion about broner's lack of discipline... if in fact this is the case... I have mikey stopping him before the 8th!!! Broner will be too fat to go full force four rounds... by the 5 and 6th he will be drained, and looking at the ref for help like he did against maidana!!!! WAR MIKEY, send this dirty rat back to the sewers where he really feels at home!!!!
              So you're hoping Broner isn't in shape.

That's not confidence.

You're afraid Broner will show up in shape and send Mikey back to a greasy roach motel where he feels at home.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
                You got shet twisted homie! What has Mikey done or hasn't done to make you think he has no heart??
                But we all know Broner pulling that b itch move against Maidana falling to the ground and crying like a b itch trying to get him disqualified when Maidana head butted him... You remember that don't you??
                And you call that having heart???
                You wouldn't last one weekend in my neighborhood homeboy!
                Mikey pulled a b*tch move and quit in the Salido fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ConRaffery View Post
                  Did you used to post under the name SteevePeeve?

I think you might be right. I'm going to see how Broner is doing in camp closer to the fight and if he looks like he is going to make weight and has the same determined mindset as he seems to have at the moment I think I will put a bet on him for the W.
                  what's in a name? nothing. Broner beats down wears down little Mikey over twelve rounds and possibly stops the little guy. Broner will be too big.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                    Mikey pulled a b*tch move and quit in the Salido fight.
                    And your a b itch for quitting on me!

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                      So you're hoping Broner isn't in shape.

That's not confidence.

You're afraid Broner will show up in shape and send Mikey back to a greasy roach motel where he feels at home.
                      This is a response to someones rationale about broner being too big come fight night and dismantling Garcia because of that... me personally do not care if he's in the best shape of his career or not... the way I see it based on facts... broner is a big hype job and Garcia is the real deal... regardless of broner's physical condition he's getting beat come fight night!!!! broner's life in general will end up as another statistic in a correctional facility... provided he does not get killed first... BASED on FACTS!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X