Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ward To Critics: I'm Not Having It, Nobody Taking Away This Win!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    you NEVER learn, do you

how will changing the boogieman's name, prevent him from losing ?
    Lmao 😂 😂😂😂

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      Looking back I think Ward made a mistake by not fighting Lucian Bute himself. Instead he let Carl Froch step in and get all the limelight from wiping Bute out.

He shouldn't repeat this error with Adonis Stevenson. Better for Andre to be the one to beat him and unify all the belts than for someone else to step in and steal that shine.
      I can definitely see it both ways, and I'd argue to want to see that fight tomorrow if possible. But putting myself in Wards shoes I get how he may feel about a guy (who's undoubtedly talanted) who hasn't fought real top contenders, who's been waiting for things to play out.

I only say this cause Ward in the past has made mention to Bute doing this same thing after he won the super 6. Now Ward is making similar statements about Stevenson doing it. Ward snubbed Bute for doing it, so let's try not be surprised or dissatisfied if he proceeds similarly with Stevenson.

Comment

• Son of low blows

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
          dont forget beterbiev also beat kovalev...

nah, he didn't

let's see how Beterbiev develops as a pro, the am's is a different world

Kovalev =/= Ward

and wow, that was a quick band-wagon jump

Kovalev > Beterbiev

Comment

• Originally posted by SugarRaRobinson View Post
            I can definitely see it both ways, and I'd argue to want to see that fight tomorrow if possible. But putting myself in Wards shoes I get how he may feel about a guy (who's undoubtedly talanted) who hasn't fought real top contenders, who's been waiting for things to play out.

I only say this cause Ward in the past has made mention to Bute doing this same thing after he won the super 6. Now Ward is making similar statements about Stevenson doing it. Ward snubbed Bute for doing it, so let's try not be surprised or dissatisfied if he proceeds similarly with Stevenson.

not arguing with you, or bashing Ward...... because you are probably right, and so is Ward.....

but, he should have taken that cheap shine

****it, everyone else is playing that game

including Ward, who was licking his lips at the thought of fighting Golovkin

Ward should have fought Bute..... I think he learned that you need to take those opportunities, before they disappear..... which is why he hunted Golovkin for 18 months, wanting his hype/shine..... so if he learnt for Golovkin, he should know what to do with Stevenson

there are no excuses for a guy of Ward's caliber

I will be disappointed if he doesn't go for Stevenson, just like I was when he passed on Bute..... Bute did not deserve Ward, but Andre should have fought him anyway because there was nobody better

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
              ward has zero legitimate wins over kovalev and hes going to cry about it and be on the defense for the rest of his miserable droopy faced life. next time fight fair and you will avoid the criticism that kills you inside. cheating and corruption is just your game. the kessle fight, the bika fight, the rodriguez fight, the kovalev fights. and after every fight...there are the fanboys making up excuses why ward had to cheat nonstop.

ward fans will pretend forever that those low blows were legal(or borderline as they put it) even though they hit him in the letters which is below the belt line but they just do not care. their guy won so it simply does not matter. also weeks himself said punches like that were low in the 2nd round but then he changed his mind in rounds 7 and 8 so we know the deal. some will pass it off as "missing it" but thats what he was there to do. in important times in the fight hes there to "miss things" just like the judges "missed" the entire round 10 in the first fight. boxing is not on the up and up and when people win because of it like ward they will be called out. some will defend the corrupt system because they like certain boring fighters that benefit from it
              In all the sadness of this post I have to say that it was very well put.

+1

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                In all the sadness of this post I have to say that it was very well put.

+1

nah, I bet that post was bullshht.....

look how it started.....

Originally Posted by daggum
                ward has zero legitimate wins over kovalev and hes going to cry about it and be on the defense for the rest of his miserable droopy faced life.....

Ward will either fight Stevenson, or move up.... he will move on

so yea, didn't read any further, but I'm pretty sure the rest of that post was rubbish as well

Comment

• Ward is a real tough opponent, who will operate right at the limit

you WILL have a hard night at the office, no question

you WILL be tested in EVERY department, no question

the rulebook could - and likely will - also be tested..... no question

..... just like if you fought most other great fighters

so, yea..... what were we talking about again ?

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                    Ward is a real tough opponent, who will operate right at the limit

you WILL have a hard night at the office, no question

you WILL be tested in EVERY department, no question

the rulebook could - and likely will - also be tested..... no question

..... just like if you fought most other great fighters

so, yea..... what were we talking about again ?
                    It's not the rulebook that will be tested, but rather the integrity of the officials.

Comment

• Haters can say whatever they want because at the end of the day he took the fight twice to Kovalev and came out victorious twice. What does it say about Ward that Kovalev quit in the second fight and wanted to stop fighting?

Comment

Working...
                      X