Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many here actually enjoy watching Ward fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
    Sir please dont back track these were your words "If you have the ability to hurt a fighter you can knock them out." Paulie has hurt fighters before, Khan has hurt fighters before, Algieri, etc. So they all have KO Power per your definition of it.

And kovalev was never seriously hurt yeah he got buzzed and knees buckled but he was never out on queer street.

Ummm as for the low blows there is gifs and videos of it clear as day, not hard to find.
    The definition is a very loose one so I am not backtracking. It depends on many factors, some of which I described. Also people have different definitions of the word "hurt".

I disagree, Kovalev looked seriously hurt to me.

If you want to say that Ward doesn't have "one punch KO power" then you would be correct. for example, he doesn't hit as hard as Maidana (if that's what you had in mind).

The gifs/videos that I've seen posted here claiming to be low blows are in fact legit body shots. If you can show me something new then I can take a look at it. If you can't then don't continue saying Ward hit Kovalev with low blows.
    Last edited by SonnyboyReturns; 06-25-2017, 01:58 PM.

Comment

TBF I Froch needed to be taken down & Ward did a great job, but Kessler fight was degrading to Ward as he had to win by cheating...again, no pride!

Comment

His fights on Showtime I found pretty boring. His fights on HBO have all ranged from simply watchable to good.

Comment

Dont get me wrong. Im a purist who enjoy technical styles.. i love pure boxers and txtbook boxer-punchers but Andre Ward is neither.

His style works for him and it wins fights but for entertainment, he is sht. He has a way of stalling the action by clinching, mauling etc i can go on and on but id rather not.

Compare him to the real greats from the golden era of boxing and you will see he difference.

There is no fluidity in his game. None. I just have a hard time admitting that andre ward is a great fighter.

Fuk andre ward. He is not much different from John Ruiz in my book. Perhaps its a bad conparison but they bore me just the same.

He is kinda like Hopkins but I enjoy hops a little more especially in his prime.

Comment

I like watching him fight but many of his fights end in controversy.

Comment

I like to watch him. He can fight on the outside or on the inside, he can show skill but he can also get low down, gritty and grimy in the trenches. He can bodypunch.

Just a great all-around fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
                Watching the way Ward handle different styles of fighters is great to see. Ward doesn't hesitate to face anyone and finds a way to beat them. Although I don't think Golovkin is in his level but that's the one thing I appreciate about him. He is also willing to face different styles including other fighters with power.
                I agree with you on the way he adapts. It would be interesting to see how he would handle Golovkin's power. That's the rub here. Once a fighter gets his bell rung, things tend to go to survival mode.

Comment

Haven't been bored watching a Ward fight since Alan Green stepping is as a Sub For Super 6 and the only reason why that was boring was because it was so one-sided! Abraham fight also!

One Sided Mismatches are BORING! Of course SKILLED BOXERS gets labeled boring because they're just that much better than their Opponents So YES watching Wlad and Vitali destroy everybody in their ERA was boring! Yes watching Mayweather pick everybody apart for 12 Rounds was boring! The Goal should be to be very "BORING" then because Boring seems to =Finishing Your Career As All Time Greats which is what Mayweather, Vitali and Wlad Are!

Ward is just not what some desire to be the face of the sport and I understand. Casuals been desperate for another Mike Tyson. A Bad Ass that comes in and score KO's, yeah that is awesome to watch also! I Like ALL STYLES! I respect the Brawlers, RUGGED Rough House Guys, The Boxer Puncher, The Technical Boxer, The Slicksters all those styles facing against each other is what makes boxing GREAT! The Guys who can find away to beat all of those styles makes a ALL TIME GREAT BOXER!
                  Last edited by sicko; 06-25-2017, 02:56 PM.

Comment

A poll should be included in such threads.

Comment

The gifs/videos that I've seen posted here claiming to be low blows are in fact legit body shots. If you can show me something new then I can take a look at it. If you can't then don't continue saying Ward hit Kovalev with low blows.
                      They can't show anything but the last shot which everyone, including Ward, admitted could have been low. That last shot was partially Kov's fault too since he was bent over complaining from previous, legal body punches!

Kov probably did deserve to receive another chance in the form of a count since the ropes were holding him up or 5 mins since the last shot appeared to be low. That being said, he put himself at a disadvantage when he retreated to the ropes and looked to the ref for help and to Ward for mercy.

Back on topic. I like Ward for a variety of reasons but I'll just mention one. He's not the fastest, strongest or biggest puncher but he's been able to achieve P4P ranking and beat world class opponent essentially as a one handed fighter......

Comment

Working...
                      X