Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Ward-Kovalev Not Promoted Right, I Would've Smashed It!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn: Ward-Kovalev Not Promoted Right, I Would've Smashed It!

Promoter Eddie Hearn of Matchroom Sport was shocked with what he felt was a lack of proper promotion for last Saturday's rematch between Andre Ward and Sergey Kovalev. Ward (32-0, 16 KOs) stopped Kovalev (30-2, 26 KOs) in the eight round to retain his WBA, WBO, IBF light heavyweight titles at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, Nevada.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    Promoter Eddie Hearn of Matchroom Sport was shocked with what he felt was a lack of proper promotion for last Saturday's rematch between Andre Ward and Sergey Kovalev. Ward (32-0, 16 KOs) stopped Kovalev (30-2, 26 KOs) in the eight round to retain his WBA, WBO, IBF light heavyweight titles at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, Nevada.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    American promoters ****ing suck lets be honest here.

Eddie Hearn looks like the kind of guy that would snort all your coke then finger your girlfriend when you weren't looking but he is clearly the top promoter in the world, and boxing is far far better with him in it than with him out.

Boxing would be a barren wasteland in the UK with no Hearn.

If he had the talent to work with that US promoters do he'd smash it our of the park.

Comment

Unfortunately Ward only won a gold medal hasn't lost in like 20 years cleaned out SM division speaks polite clear english

Comment

If he was a ghetto fake tough guy involved in woman beatings and jail and shootings and he talked street he would be more of a star like Floyd and Broner he doesn't draw

Comment

First of all the television platform that serves as advertisement to the UK fights are garbage and spinoffs of HBO 24-7 and Face Off....what are they called again? ' The Gloves Are Off ' ? OK... I forget..yeah looking at that one show that was suppose to build up Kell Brook vs. Spence only cements what I'm talking about, what a waste of time.

So what else can Hearn do? call Kugan Cassious and rant on IFL yt channel for about an hour for a couple thousand views? FOH Hearn Ward-Kovalev had a prestige that you can never reach with your those second rate euro programs on SkY.

Comment

So the rematch drew less PPV than the first fight?

Comment

Hearn is a big fish in a small pond. His antics wouldn't play well here. We've seen way better salesmen than him.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                Hearn is a big fish in a small pond. His antics wouldn't play well here. We've seen way better salesmen than him.
                This is true lets see him branch off and start promoting in America, the UK is the size of the state of California. I like to see him top what Golden-Boy and Toprank do over here...its easy to do it over there the Britts pay for Chris Eubank jr. vs. Ronlald Quillen or whatever his name is.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  It's easy to say that but he's sold out Wembley twice in the space of five Years. One time with froch against groves. Imagine what he could've done with fighters of Ward and kovalevs calibre?

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                    This is true lets see him branch off and start promoting in America, the UK is the size of the state of California. I like to see him top what Golden-Boy and Toprank do over here...its easy to do it over there the Britts pay for Chris Eubank jr. vs. Ronlald Quillen or whatever his name is.
                    I think about 9 people bought that. I think he's going to help promote Crawford vs indongo. If that fight happens for all of the belts that will show you what kind of promoter Eddie Hearn is.

Comment

Working...
                    X