No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tony Weeks Owes Apologies to Sergey Kovalev and Andre Ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lolpz View Post

This writer owes this website an apology.
    It is now confirmed that the last punch is a legit body shot. Weeks steps in and puts the racist out of his misery.

Sergey Kovalev- "On the border"

Last edited by SonnyboyReturns; 06-23-2017, 10:05 AM.

Comment

First dominant round with help of low blows then ref stops it?
      Ward would have punched himself out in 8 th roiund. Round 9 would be quieter with both fighters taking breather. Round 10 would be quiet. Roun d 11 kov gets second wind and drops ward. This scenario is as plausible as ward fans thinking ward was on verge of stopping ward!
      And nobody can prove it wrong

Comment

100% agree with the article, I believe the punchesthat ended were low and it was a poor stoppage, but ward was starting to take control of the fight and probably would have won pretty convincingly

Comment

The 3 obviously clear low blows were the one Ward was warned about in the second, the one that Weeks waved off towards the end of the 7th and the final "tko" punch.

There were more low blows but the above 3 were completely obvious.

It is shame because it ruined the Kung Fu narrative of the fight which I'll get into in another topic at some stage.

Comment

Totally agree. Great article that I'm sure will get completely sh@t on mercilessly. What a shame.

Comment

Wait so was that a real Tony Weeks account?

EDIT: Whoops, I should read before posting

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                Wait so was that a real Tony Weeks account?

Can someone confirm?
                The article clearly states that It Is fake.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  Poor article. Very very poor
                  For this writer to come out and propagates his personal opinion is beyond my understanding. You ought to present facts as a Journalist, this is the basic foundation of Journalism. The title of your article supposed to be THROUGH MY LENS: WARD VS KOVALEV.I would have taken your writing more seriously. I enjoy reading your articles because of your objectivity. I will continue to do so but this one right here lacks objectivity. You have allowed your preference to overshadow the facticity of the fight.

Comment

This article points out an important point that refereeing blunders should be highly scrutinised regardless of whether those decisions affect the outcome of the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmt View Post
                      The article clearly states that It Is fake.
                      Yes, my mistake

Am reading it now

Comment

Working...
                      X