No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tony Weeks Owes Apologies to Sergey Kovalev and Andre Ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
    Question is, if a person is a fan, watches the fights objectively, and understands when a guy is beaten mentally, why continue to argue the results of the fight. What is the point of folks continuing to bemoan low blows and early stoppages when nothing is going to change the result and the ending was inevitable to even the slightly trained eye.

Bro, I've already stated my opinions, views, etc.....along with everyone else since Saturday night. I mentioned on many previous posts that I believe Ward was on his way to winning. What is being disputed since Saturday is the way the fight was stopped. So every fight that happens from now on after a fighter gets hurt and looks like he is on the verge of getting knocked out the rules should be ignored and if the last punch landed is a low blow the fight should be stopped and rules ignored. Ok.

If that's what you think, that's what you think.

My mind isn't going to be changed. I agree with analysts like Malignaggi, Fischer, etc.....who pretty much see it like I do.

I'm done repeating and typing the same thing over and over.

Being honest, objective and real about it that's how I view it.

If you see it another way, cool. We can agree to disagree. I'm good with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
      Doesn't seem to be a lot of neutral people here.
      ..........I concur sir

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
        The refree was utter trash and I don't normally say that about Weeks. Why? Well we can all speculate on various issues.

There are two points that must be investigated and Weeks must asnwer for:

1. He, while giving his instructions, pointed to Kovalev's trunks, tapped the beltline, said it was low and then added "but I'll accept it" never in the history of the sport has there been such a call. Yes referees claim a fighters trunks are too high and say it...but when they're low? Does a qualified, highly paid, highly experienced referee not know what a low blow is?

2. When he pulled Kovalev up and gave him a time out after Ward hit him low, why did he then react differently when Ward did it at leats 4 or 5 times after?

(Questions for Weeks to answer, not you lol but just something to think about)

Now, coming to what you said, how can you call it a "great win" when you yourself said teh ref did not identify lowblows and the stoppage was early...what about that win was great?

I do give credit to Ward for being braver than in the first fight, more active and more fluid with his combinations but he was about 2 rounds down on my card and similar on most of the press cards by the time the stoppage came. So surely Kovalev was even better than the "great" Ward in a fight where you claim Wrad was great...

I just don't understand this way of thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
          there was NO Standing 8 count in that fight bro. hopefully this is something posters can let sink in before posting, otherwise good post
          Well then when Kovalev was sitting on the rope, he should've treated it as a knockdown, counted, asked him if he wanted to continue, and then let Ward finish the job! That would've been better than totally ignoring the low blow and stopping the fight. Now Ward's win is tainted! That sucks, but I never want to see Ward vs. Kovalev again! Glad I didn't pay $70 for that card!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
            Well then when Kovalev was sitting on the rope, he should've treated it as a knockdown, counted, asked him if he wanted to continue, and then let Ward finish the job! That would've been better than totally ignoring the low blow and stopping the fight. Now Ward's win is tainted! That sucks, but I never want to see Ward vs. Kovalev again! Glad I didn't pay $70 for that card!
            I can agree with this, should have been counted a knock down I think weeks noticed kov was looking for a way out by his actions earlier in this fight as well.

Comment

Originally posted by bronx7 View Post
              So after warning or point deduction Ward puts Kovalev away that round or next nothing changes Ward wins just woukd postpone outcome
              So let the fight continue...after Ward landed that right hand he was unable to land anything significant to Kov's head afterwards...there was no threat of brain damage...scores were roughly even at the moment...so why stop the fight in a hurry?...you can't say that puncher like Kovalev has no chance in boxing match while scores are even and nither fighter has been dropped

Comment

I don't remember hearing you say Weeks owed an apology after this fight? What changed, now all of a sudden you don't like Tony?!

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                  So then by your logic, since Golota was going to beat Bowe anyways, they should not have called Golota on the low blows because the ending was inevitable?

Interesting.........
                  No sensible boxing fan would compare Andrew golota nut shots to the low blows that Ward unintentionally landed.

Comment

To me, Ward is not the #1 p4p fighter in the world... he has the skills and he has the ring IQ... but other than these 2 fights...I've never seen another good fight where he has been involved in... even with Froch it was borinng and ugly! And Andre is such an unlikeable guy ... "SOG" lol... really? Son of God is your self appointed nick name? What a joke... I dislike him very, very much... I don't like his commentary on tv, I don't like his boring (but effective) style. And the sad thing is this.... He LOST the first fight... he did.
                    I think that if the second fight had continued, he would have KO'd Kovalev... it was kovalev's fault, he's not as smart as Ward and in his mind his trainer is just the mitts guy! Hahahaha
                    But whatever... I wonder if I will ever see Ward fight again... definitely not in cruiserweight ... boring.

Comment

• This of course is the same NSAC Director that reviewed the video of the Rigondeaux/Flores fight and changed the decision but will not review the Ward/Kovalez video on the same fight card.

Comment

Working...
                      X