Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin: If I Finished Jacobs, Probably Don't Have Canelo Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xhiddenx87 View Post
    did anyone hear that "interview" he had, he never meant to say that he did on purpos, way e not finish Jacobs...he was trying to say that from a business POV he will never have got the Canelo fight if he didn't look bad at the Jacobs fight.
    Thanks. People troll hard enough here with the articles misrepresenting what was said.

Comment

GGG: "If I looked beautiful, like after the first knockdown I finished him, probably I don’t have right now September 16th.”

I tried to tell you knuckleheads. Gennady knew he had to allow himself to look vulnerable to get this fight.

Right out of his f@cking mouth now. Are you going to dispute what I said again?

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
        This guy is in for a very rude awakening come September!

Canelo has some real dog in him!
        Golovkin feasting on garbage collectors, half way house convicts until he faced someone who wasn't afraid of him and we saw what happened!

The guy was getting lit up and that's Jacobs who showed him too much respect!..

I also saw how Golovkin immediately covered that body or took a step back when Jacobs was walloping him downstairs, Canelo is a much better body attacker!

He will invest in going downstairs after he counters that jab and by round 7 or 8 Golovkin will be breathing out his mouth still headhunting!
        I can see it now. RJJ will be the only one calling those Canelo body shots while Langley and lederman try their hardest to make it seem like golovkin is actually doing something. But as the rounds go on and little g's endurance is fading, Canelo will start letting off 4-5 punch combos to his grill. Little g is going to get stopped. Plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
          GGG: "If I looked beautiful, like after the first knockdown I finished him, probably I don’t have right now September 16th.”

I tried to tell you knuckleheads. Gennady knew he had to allow himself to look vulnerable to get this fight.

Smh at this idiot. Yea he made himself look so vulnerable to the point that many people felt he lost. Yea that makes sense. Little g is just making excuses cause he knows Jacobs made him look like the ordinary fighter that he is. When he gets in the ring with canelo he's gonna realize early that he was lied to his whole career. 95% of his resume is filled with bums. Nothing has prepared him for the skills that Canelo will bring to the table. This hype job is going to be exposed in front of millions and it's gonna be beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by Deletrious View Post
            Which would have been when exactly? When Ward was fighting at 172 and saying he couldn't make 168?

Not giving up title belts and not moving up a weight class and not waiting a year and half for your opponent to get two tuneups is not "avoiding" someone.

The fight was never close to made, Ward didn't duck Golovkin and Golovkin didn't duck Ward. Only haters of one or the other make this argument.
            "Andre....hes too much for me" golovkin. Would you like the video?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post

No disputing you're an idiot

Comment

some people are mad.

the truth is. the decision help seal the fight. Billy Hoe and Canelo came out the woods after that decision.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                  While I agree with him in that it helped in making a deal with Canelo, I'm not sure if what he's implying is true or not. He's implying that he held himself back from knocking out Jacobs. He's been looking for a big fight for a long time now. With many arguments being made that he's had to jump through many hoops to get to this point. He finally got what he wanted. No more excuses, no more tricks, no more hoops.

I'll say this - if Golovkin completely dismantles Canelo in September, it will add to his legend and will truly add credibility of the claims he/his team has made over the years - that he let himself get hit, that he made a streetfight (vs Brook), that he didn't want to finish opponents too quickly. IMO this is a 50/50 fight.. but damn, I could be wrong. Either way.

Your post is well put.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
                    some people are mad.

the truth is. the decision help seal the fight. Billy Hoe and Canelo came out the woods after that decision.

Yes. There's a lot of racist haters against GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                      NEW YORK Going 12 rounds in his last fight and showing some more flaws helped his cause. That's the silver lining Gennady Golovkin took away from the most difficult fight of his career three months ago. According to Golovkin, had Daniel Jacobs not survived that fourth-round knockdown March 18 at Madison Square Garden, Canelo Alvarez "probably" wouldn't have finally agreed to fight him.
                      [Click Here To Read More]
                      Hope to see you fight him then after the Canelo fight, win or lose, if that is your excuse which I find very disrespectful.

And I also hope, if you do rematch him, you finish him off, because, according to you the decision win was to get Canelo 's fight. That was a very arrogant thing to say, because we all saw the fight, and you were a round from losing or a kd away from losing.

Comment

Working...
                      X