Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are you guys so high on Diego Corrales?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
    I was reffering to corrales. He was top 10 p4p who had beaten no p4p level fighters and had a lot of KOs...and he was a beast. Ggg...same, but he a hype job and a bum doe.
    Dude he wasnt top 10 p4p when they fought. He was just a very good young champion that people had high hopes for.

But to say he was top 10 p4p at that time is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
      No he wasn't. Are you stupid or something? Oh wait don't answer, I forgot who i was taking to.

Of course you are stupid.
      son, do i really have to make you look bad? he was #5

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Th..._Ratings:_2000

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
        son, do i really have to make you look bad? he was #5

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Th..._Ratings:_2000
        **** stain never call me son again otherwise ill have to treat you the way your people were treated in the past.

Anyways In the past you have bashed Boxrec, but now that you see something you like, you believe it. GTFOH

Look i like Diego Corrales, he was a very good fighter but he was not p4p back then. He was just a very good young champion who had a bright future ahead of himself.

What, next are you going to say he is a Hall of Fame great?

Comment

Dude he wasnt top 10 p4p when they fought. He was just a very good young champion that people had high hopes for.

But to say he was top 10 p4p at that time is ridiculous.
          He was...and mayweather gets full credit for beating him. That's why the ggg hypocrisy is funny. Ggg is a hype job and a bum...he doesn't deserve to be top 10 p4p..he just has KOs over lesser opponents...he hasn't faced p4p level fighters etc. Corrales...oh yea, he was a beast...knockouts doe...feared puncher doe...top 5 p4p doe. All ggg would have to do to gain instant respect is be on floyd's resume.

Comment

**** stain never call me son again otherwise ill have to treat you the way your people were treated in the past.

Anyways In the past you have bashed Boxrec, but now that you see something you like, you believe it. GTFOH

Look i like Diego Corrales, he was a very good fighter but he was not p4p back then. He was just a very good young champion who had a bright future ahead of himself.

Those are the ring magazine ratings.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
              He was...and mayweather gets full credit for beating him. That's why the ggg hypocrisy is funny. Ggg is a hype job and a bum...he doesn't deserve to be top 10 p4p..he just has KOs over lesser opponents...he hasn't faced p4p level fighters etc. Corrales...oh yea, he was a beast...knockouts doe...feared puncher doe...top 5 p4p doe. All ggg would have to do to gain instant respect is be on floyd's resume.
              Look im not bashing Mayweather or not giving him credit for his win over Corrales. It was a great win over a young undefeated champion. Mayweather was amazing in that fight.

I just dont recall people putting much emphasis into fighters being top 10 p4p back then. Top 10 p4p is something fans have only battled for in the last 10 years or so. Pre-2000 or so i just remember people only caring for who is number 1 p4p.

So if boxrec or Ring had their top 10 p4p list back then, well it didnt mean much and not all fighters got a fair shake in the ranking.

I give Mayweather credit for beating a young weight drained undefeated champion in Corrales, not for beating a top 10 p4p'er, since back then it was way more subjective than it is even now.

Comment

Look im not bashing Mayweather or not giving him credit for his win over Corrales. It was a great win over a young undefeated champion. Mayweather was amazing in that fight.

I just dont recall people putting much emphasis into fighters being top 10 p4p back then. Top 10 p4p is something fans have only battled for in the last 10 years or so. Pre-2000 or so i just remember people only caring for who is number 1 p4p.

So if boxrec or Ring had their top 10 p4p list back then, well it didnt mean much and not all fighters got a fair shake in the ranking.

I give Mayweather credit for beating a young weight drained undefeated champion in Corrales, not for beating a top 10 p4p'er, since back then it was way more subjective than it is even now.
                Damn you clearly don't know anything about the sport of boxing...in case you not aware of what you're doing its called revisionist history. You know like it wasn't the Civil War it was the war of northern aggression!

Comment

Idk...for me it's always been the same, but i was also a subscriber to ring and ko, so i actually followed it. It's always been subjective and novel...just cuz it's more easily accessible and debated online these days, doesn't make it any more legitimate or meaningful than it was back then.

Comment

son those were ring magazine rankings..damn man learn your history

Comment

p4p has been around since the 60's...you are really exposing yourself

Comment

Working...
                      X