Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deontay Wilder Finally Responds To Eddie Hearn's HUGE Offer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What really bugs me about this is that Wilder is insisting on AJ - but he knows damn well that Hearn can't sign a Wilder-AJ unification fight while Klitchko has the power to envoke a rematch - it would have to be miles in the future and full of conditions based on results.

But that doesn't stop Wilder from turning down a fight that is worth more than 3 times his last payday, and against a name that, while middling, would still be the best win on his resume.

But no, he wants mega money despite having no drawing power.

****ing sick of this dropkick living in fantasy world - it's no different to his callout of Parker a little while ago when Parker was signed to fight Fury! Wilder looks great to the casuals who have no idea that he's calling out people who are already locked in elsewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
      The iron isnt hot though, at the moment Joshuas next voluntary will be going to Fury if hes fit. British public aint calling out for him to fight Wilder, noone knows who he is

I beg to differ. I think Joshua-Wilder would be the biggest Heavyweight fight since Lewis-Tyson.

Fury is a fat slob who may never be the same by the time he gets back in the ring.

I know here in the U.S. people are clamoring for Joshua vs Wilder not Fury.

Joshua-Wilder would be a big fight both in the U.S. and U.K.

But it's cool, we can agree to disagree

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
        Wrong, as usual.

Had he accepted Wards "deal", 10 minutes after Canelo beat Cotto, Oscar would have been telling the WBC that they were ready to start negotiating their mando, but unfortunately Golovkin was obligated to a Ward fight and is unavailable. And the WBC would have had no choice but to strip GGG of the Interim title.

But this topic has been beat to death 1000 times already.....
        How is that wrong? You're assuming the WBC would accept De La Hoya's demand.

Can you give an example of the WBC stripping someone of their mandatory position because they already had a fight signed months earlier? I doubt it.

Comment

• It's a no brainer in my opinion, 3 million is way more than Wilder will get fighting any other opponent in the US and the Whyte fight will give Wilder some much needed UK exposure to build towards the AJ fight which will most likely be in the UK. It's a win-win unless Wilder thinks he might lose to Whyte.

Joshua vs Wilder is not possible this year under any circumstance the way I see it, if Wlad bails then the Pulev mando is next unless Joshua doesn't mind being stripped which he probably does.

Seriously Wilder needs to take the fight, £3 million is plenty good enough for someone who's highest pay day is something like $1.5 million.

Comment

• I have to agree with the foul mouthed Wilder on this one. Wilder isn't worth 7 million but for him to go to England and fight a mediocre fighter for 3 million doesn't make sense either. Whyte is ranked 17th by boxrec so Wilder would be defending his title against yet another boxer not even in the top 15 best in the world. Wilder keeps defending his title against unworthy challengers who are ranked between 20th and 45th in the world. He has a well deserved reputation as a cherry picking champion.He could change that if he demanded who ever is in charge of who he fights get him a fight with Ortiz or Parker or some other heavyweight who is ranked in the top 7 heavyweights in the world by everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by NahMean View Post
              I want Wilder vs AJ!! That’s why I want Wilder to fight Whyte.. if Wilder beats Whyte the whole UK will ask for that fight! Especially if he beats him better than AJ did. Whyte is a name in the UK.. Wilder is unknown here and in the US. What has Wilder done to deserve AJ? Nothing.. Fight Whyte then we can get the AJ fight going. Its a good comparison fight to see who beats Whyte better..

If they can pay step aside to Stiverne once they can do it again.. Hearn has already said he is willing to drop the IBF for big fights with Fury or Wilder.. So it might even happen next but Wilder has to fight in the UK against someone like Whyte first to build his name.

I do agree it's a good idea for Wilder to fight Whyte in the UK to build his name up out there, I agree with that.

You say Wilder is not known in the U.S.? Huh

He may not be that known in the U.K. but he's known here in the U.S.

I mean he's not as popular as Mayweather or Canelo here in the U.S. but he gets good network ratings when he fights.

You posted the video of Wilder and 50 Cent recently, Lol. Come on brother, you know he is known here in the U.S.

You say what has Wilder done to deserve AJ? I think winning, being undefeated and being the WBC Champion, being one of the most exciting Heavyweights with his knockout power and being ranked #2 at Heavyweight is more than enough to deserve AJ or want to see AJ vs Wilder. Don't you?
              Last edited by The Time; 06-21-2017, 02:54 PM.

Comment

• he is right tho..why the **** would he fight Whyte??? he wants Joshua,Fury,or Parker

Comment

• Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
                  he is right tho..why the **** would he fight Whyte??? he wants Joshua,Fury,or Parker

Joshua is tied up right now with the rematch clause and waiting on Klitschko to make a decision, the IBF is enforcing their mandatory Pulev but giving Joshua a pardon for only Klitschko due to the rematch clause.

Parker is scheduled to fight his mandatory Hughie Fury.

Tyson Fury is too busy tweeting in front of his computer while eating Enchiladas, Pizza and Bacon Cheese Burgers.

If Hearn is able to create a deal with the WBC and Stiverne to step aside who else should Wilder fight?

Unless he is able to avoid his mandatory Stiverne and Ortiz turns him down, who else is there to fight?

Comment

• Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
                    he is right tho..why the **** would he fight Whyte??? he wants Joshua,Fury,or Parker
                    Two out of three are already tied up, and one doesn't even fight anymore.

It seems everyone knows this, except casuals and Deontay Wilder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                      Hell yea. Whyte is a garbage fight for him because it just draws more criticism. I think AJ would take this fight anywhere, but Hearn has no interest in AJ fighting Wilder next.
                      Looks like he's tied up with Klit, Parker with Fury. We all know he isn't going to take a dangerous fight against Ortiz. He doesn't want Bellew for whatever reason. Who is there to fight that draws less criticism than Whyte?

Povetkin isn't going to happen for obvious reasons, Browne? Worse fighter than Whyte. Tyson is a way off a return and seems to be penciled in for Joshua and I'm still not sure Wilder would take a fight against Fury (which I think he'd lose) when the money fight is Joshua. Whyte is the best option on the table for good money

Comment

Working...
                      X