Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you explain referees changing boxing rules at the start of a fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you explain referees changing boxing rules at the start of a fight?

Before this weekend, I have never, not once, seen a referee change the rules of the sport based on his own personal opinion.

Tony Weeks states that Kovalev's belt line is low but he is willing to accept punches that go in low...how is that possible? How can a state sanctioned referee, in a world title fight, change the rules on the fly?

And when has it happened before?

Weeks said Kovalev's belt line was high not low so / thread.

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
      Weeks said Kovalev's belt line was high not low so / thread.
      I'm about to post the video...but I don't want to embarass you like I did before, so I will give you some time to delete your post.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
        I'm about to post the video...but I don't want to embarass you like I did before, so I will give you some time to delete your post.
        Before?? When did you ever embarrass me?

Weeks didn't physically say it but he CLEARLY indicated that punches at the belt were legal if that's what you're confused about.

Belt shots are pretty much always legal but cry babies that don't know what they are talking about seem to be trying to create their own rules. At most there were 2 possibly 3 low blows through the fight. But plenty of legal work was done by Ward.
        Last edited by NaijaD; 06-19-2017, 02:54 PM.

Comment

What I find strange is how they didn't interview Weeks after the fight to get his take on the stoppage like they usually do after a ref is involved in a contraversial stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
            Before this weekend, I have never, not once, seen a referee change the rules of the sport based on his own personal opinion.

Tony Weeks states that Kovalev's belt line is low but he is willing to accept punches that go in low...how is that possible? How can a state sanctioned referee, in a world title fight, change the rules on the fly?

And when has it happened before?

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
              Before?? When did you ever embarrass me?

Weeks didn't physically say it but he CLEARLY indicated that punches at the belt were legal if that's what you're confused about.
              Ah now your changing because you can see the exposure coming up, sadly the videos for the fight have gone off YT but I'll post off from my recording if I can be arsed or just wait till the videos are back.

But Weeks clearly states (none of the other disputed me non this and quickly left the previous thread or diverted it with jokes) that "here is LOW but I'll allow it" or something along those lines.

Now, I'm gonna drop a simple challenge, find me a single video or image showing Weeks saying otherwise. If you provide it, I iwll take a permaban, if you don't, you take it. Wager accepted?

Edit: Also, you can clearly see Kovs belly button, and the navel (belly button for those of you who are mentally challenged) is used as the guideline in boxing and posisbly other combat sports, for something being low or not.

Kovs belt is below the navel (belly button), so how can a punch on the belt line be legal? Unless the NSAC follows a differen tset of guidelines for the sport than the Marquess of Queensbury?

Comment

get over it...WARD WON ..HE STOPPED YOUR "BOOGYMAN"..LOL now sig that ****...

Comment

Comment

i am loving all this crying from these posters who were ****ting on Ward..****ing hilarious

Comment

Working...
                    X