No announcement yet.

Dan Rafael: Controversy nothing more than a manufactured excuse by Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
    Go look at post #22 in this thread and see the GIF that the guy has attached to his signature. That is one of the punches in the last sequence, which I believe to be the first one. It's clearly, very clearly right on the front of Kovalev's cup. Not on the band or anything, clearly under it. As that punch lands, he's not bent over yet. It literally caused him to crumple over in pain as the other shots come.

How anyone can dispute that is illegal is beyond me.
    is turning your back on your opponent legal? faking low blows to get rest or a point taken away? rabbit punching on purpose? no need for me to cry over it. kov got beat bro.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
      That's the last punch. That's the only one that is clearly low.
      Wrong, the 2nd and 3rd shots were landed when Kovalev was already hunched over.

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
        is turning your back on your opponent legal? faking low blows to get rest or a point taken away? rabbit punching on purpose? no need for me to cry over it. kov got beat bro.
        I don't condone those things but then again the stoppage didn't happen at those instances.

And don't even try to act like Ward wasn't holding, hitting behind the head and wrestling to try and keep Kovalev's hands from moving the whole fight. He hit behind the head just as much.

Comment

Wrong, the 2nd and 3rd shots were landed when Kovalev was already hunched over.
          Like he's already hunched over in the gif you're talking about?

That's the last punch.

Comment

Like he's already hunched over in the gif you're talking about?

That's the last punch.
            The last punch landed as his a55 was in the ropes. I've got it on DVR dude and have seen it several times and which punch don't really matter because it landed and was still before the fight was called off.

IT WAS ILLEGAL. PERIOD>
            Last edited by Boxing Goat; 06-20-2017, 02:25 PM.

Comment

I don't condone those things but then again the stoppage didn't happen at those instances.

And don't even try to act like Ward wasn't holding, hitting behind the head and wrestling to try and keep Kovalev's hands from moving the whole fight. He hit behind the head just as much.
              brother kov lost and quit, ull be okay

Comment

The last punch landed as his as was in the ropes. I've got it on DVR dude and have seen it several times and which punch don't really matter because it landed and was still before the fight was called off.

IT WAS ILLEGAL. PERIOD>

Last punch.......... At least know what you're talking about when discussing something.

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
                  brother kov lost and quit, ull be okay
                  I'm fine. I didn't care if he got knocked out, in fact, I was kinda hoping for it but it simply didn't happen. I hate when a fight gets stopped incorrectly. Total BS.

Just admit that the stoppage was BS and we'll move on.

Comment

I'm fine. I didn't care if he got knocked out, in fact, I was kinda hoping for it but it simply didn't happen. I hate when a fight gets stopped incorrectly. Total BS.

Just admit that the stoppage was BS and we'll move on.
                    I didn't like the stoppage but understood weeks when u count everything else kov did. fine we will leave it at that bro!

Comment

Last punch.......... At least know what you're talking about when discussing something.
                      Did that clearly low shot land before or after Weeks moved in and stopped the fight?

Comment

Working...
                      X