No announcement yet.

Body Language Says alot about a fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
    For me watching the fight (i am disabled, most of you dont know, but i was shot twice a year ago i can barely walk and lost most of my right arm usage cept my fingers)

I noticed that kovalev constantly bending down to ward (no pun) off the body shots, and his constant begging to the ref for assistance said alot to me. Ricky Hatton took matters into his own hands when Tszyu dished him a low one to send a message. When Kovalev turned around that did it for me, when you turn away from a fighter youre looking for someone to save you. Mentally Kovalev seems to be out of his element when he cant simply knock you out. You have to make a guy like ward PAY for his transgressions, guys like mayweather hopkins, chavez mastered this stuff, being cagey while knowing where the ref is and engaging.

Kovalev isnt the beast we thought he was, he was just another above average fighter with great knock out power, what seperates good from great is when everything isnt stacked in your favor and you do something about it. Even mayweather wont let you get away with stuff like this (see victor ortiz)

Great post ......

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
      He cant take body shots
      He's gotta put the vodka down. It's hindering him

Comment

Kov was doing his Abraham impression, gets hurt to the body and he looks to the ref for help.

He should be glad that Ward lay off of him when he was hurt in the body

Comment

Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
          i was just outside of my job at a youth homeless shelter as a case manager.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/06/0...-east-oakland/
          Crazy. Good luck man

Comment

Don't be up in here trying to swaggerjack my being reasonable hustle.

Good post. On point & correct. If the fight goes on Kovalev gets stopped a round or two later or loses most or all of the last rounds & gets a Lu12 addition to his record. I do wish for Ward's sake that the fight had went on cuz I think it only benefits him to have had a clearer victory with less to argue about as it seemed like it was going to end up being. Or mfers just find a way to dog Ward at every height he reaches & would have found one here maybe however Ward won idk.

Comment

i think ward's a stronger fighter mentally and is in better condition. the momentum in the fight was certianly going in ward's direction. that said, those were blatant low blows. ward had been fouling for most fo the fight. tony weeks let that fight out of hand prior to the stoppage. and the stoppage itself was truly a case of bad refereeing. that last shot was right on the cup.

Comment

Turning his back the first time did it for me too. I knew he was ready to quit. The ref insisted a couple of times that the fight continue. Kovalev was out at that point.

Comment

All the best to you, OP.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    i think ward's a stronger fighter mentally and is in better condition. the momentum in the fight was certianly going in ward's direction. that said, those were blatant low blows. ward had been fouling for most fo the fight. tony weeks let that fight out of hand prior to the stoppage. and the stoppage itself was truly a case of bad refereeing. that last shot was right on the cup.
                    I saw lots of blatant rabbit punches.

Comment

U from the Town bruh?

Sorry to hear about that. Called the Murder Dubbs for a reason I guess. Boys shady over there.

Comment

Working...
                      X