Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People. It's TONY WEEKS. Ya'll musta forgot that's his M/O.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People. It's TONY WEEKS. Ya'll musta forgot that's his M/O.

Canelo/Angulo. Canelo eats a flush combo, Angulo takes one uppercut, Weeks rushes in to stop it despite Angulo not being wobbled by the shot.

Chavez/Johnson. In a fight where one fighter is clearly taking way too much punishment, Weeks doesn't interject until round 11, at which point it's again after relative low activity - way too late. Johnson died after the fight.

Mayweather/Maidana 1. Weeks allowed Maidana to throw low blows with no repercussion. Might have been one warning. It wasn't until the rematch with Kenny Bayless that we saw better officiating.

Alvarado/Provodnikov. Alvarado was getting punished, dropped, etc. The corner couldn't stop the fight, only the ref, and Weeks refused until late in the fight after significant damage had been done.

Corrales/Castillo 1. Yes, I get it. Castillo was taking significant punishment. But he didn't even get a chance to come back at a critical moment in a critical fight. Weeks just jumped in almost the same way he did in Ward Kov 2.

Broner/Porter. Come on, Broner got away with MURDER on those fouls.

Jackson/Uzcategui. Yeah, Uzcategui - that guy that sucker punched Andre Dirrell not long ago. In the Jackson fight Weeks allowed Uz to tee off on the guy with unanswered shots en route to four knockdowns and didn't stop the fight until way late. WAY late. To those trying to justify Corrales/Castillo 1, go watch Jackson/Uzcategui and justify. It was the same damn thing.

Crawford/Brook. Crawford lands a shot, wobbles but doesn't hurt Kell, gets an 8 count, Crawford comes in with another shot, again wobbles but doesn't hurt Brook, Weeks stops it despite Brook being perfectly lucid.

Jack/Browne: Jack gets a nasty cut early on, bleeding all over the place, It goes the distance. Weeks never even considers stopping it.

Rolly/Barroso: Ismael dodges a flurry, gets hit once, Weeks rushed in to stop it.

So Weeks is either too late or too early and there's no consistency in his approach. But you knew that.

Kovalev had to KO Ward, period point blank. He had no choice. You have no choice when Weeks is the third man.
    Last edited by Combat Talk Radio; 01-06-2024, 10:50 PM.

They will ignore this obviously.

Comment

yea Weeks is not a great ref
      Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

some of the examples are reasonable, but Castillo Corrales? Castillo was out on his feet
        bigsmoothh bigsmoothh likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
          some of the examples are reasonable, but Castillo Corrales? Castillo was out on his feet
          Bradley/Provodnikov. Bradley was CLEARLY out on his feet. But Pat Russell gave Desert Storm a chance to come back.

My point is, if you're going to stop because a guy is taking punishment, at least give him a courtesy of a counted KD and a standing 8 first to see if they're responsive.

It's like Weeks can't properly measure when a stoppage is too early or too late. It's too early if it's off a single shot or on questionable lands (low blows). It's too late if there were clear opportunities in the rounds leading up to the stoppage.
          Last edited by Combat Talk Radio; 06-18-2017, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Broner maidana was Lawrence Cole but otherwise great points

Comment

Accurate, but i thought he did okay with the maidana floyd fight, except of not warning Maidana enough and deducting points for some dirty blows. But he allowed maidana to fight inside which was maidana's game. Make them fight out of a clinch. Bayless meanwhile everytime maidana tries to gain momentum and tries to fight inside, the stops it. wth
              shenmue shenmue likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype Job View Post
                Broner maidana was Lawrence Cole but otherwise great points
                My fault, I meant Broner/Porter. Too much reflecting on Mayweather/Maidana 1. Corrected

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
                  Accurate, but i thought he did okay with the maidana floyd fight, except of not warning Maidana enough and deducting points for some dirty blows. But he allowed maidana to fight inside which was maidana's game. Make them fight out of a clinch. Bayless meanwhile everytime maidana tries to gain momentum and tries to fight inside, the stops it. wth
                  IF all a fighter can do is fight in the trench, that's a limitation of the fighter, not the fight.

When Maidana fought Ortiz he was effective without trenching, he just tried to get away with fouling Floyd inside like he did the first time and Bayless wasn't having it.

Comment

I've seen that guy hanging out in a card in Panama. He crazy as hell. Like a homeless crack smoker hajahahha

Comment

Working...
                    X