Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Stops Sergey Kovalev in Eight To Retain Belts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kigali View Post
    Andre didn't let him take his breaks.

Kovalev likes to be left alone after he punches.
    He likes to hop across the ring and tug on his trunks and catch a break..

Ward was having none of it.

That's why he just got his ass kicked.
    Lmao 😂 I'm glad he stopped his azz cause those judges clearly had a different agenda had Kovalev still been standing after 12

Comment

• Kovalev jab was definitely working tonight but Andre Ward was giving him a smoother version of that Shawn Porter type work.SK was looking for a way out great fight while it lasted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jubei View Post
        Everybody knows that if Kovalev landed these shots on Ward they had Kovalev DQed or at least taken a point away and given Ward 5 mins time to revover.

Let yourself get manipulated and fooled by the media, you guys are pathetic. At first that Rigo "knockout", then the Ward "knockout".. yeaaaaaah sure.

That poll doesn't mean shyt! Ward stopped that pussie. AND STILL f@ggot. Keep crying for us pussie. I know it hurts bytch! AND STILL

Comment

• Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
          You can't be serious lol controversy follows a fair amount of the great boxers.
          Normally its controversy outside the ring or dodging legit opponents but not inside the ring - yeah occasionally peds - but seriously just look at these 2 last fights - first the judges and now the ref - and the first fight was Ward wrestling and the second fight is the low blows - isn't that a little bit too much controversy in just two fights?
          Apart from that I am totally disgusted in Weeks. andre looked like he was going to get the tko clearly - he could have been deducted a point fo low blows and still have gotten it as he was the sharper fighter tonight - but Weeks screwed up.

Comment

• Boxing fans believe what they choose to believe. A punch on he beltline is NOT a low blow and is not illegal! Refs warn boxers about beltline punches because they are close to low blow territory, but they are not illegal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
              Has nothing to do with standing 8 count. If the blows were legitimate, then the ropes held him up and he should have gotten a 10 count, not an 8 count. But they were low blows so it should have been a point deducted from Ward, and five minutes to recover for Kovalev.
              The shots generally weren't low. Stop posting bull****. Maybe the last shot was low, but the rest weren't definitive.

The fact is Kovalev was looking for a way out. Anyone who's ever boxed could clearly see what was going on. He didn't even protest. Why? Because he was physically out if it. Let it go.

Comment

• these clowns crying about early stoppage. tony weeks saved kovalevs career idiots. he was bent low taking a beating and not responding. he didn't even protest the stoppage. the coward got his excuse from his corner. look at the stoppage and show me kovalev complaining to weeks.. never happened. that right hand had that racist scumbag seeing stars.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                  I give credit for the nice right hand, that was beautiful and I do think Ward was overall doing much better at that stage in the fight but Kovalev wasn't knocked out by legal blows and there's no dis*****g that fact with the replay. Ward would have most likely won anyways but he had fouled a lot during that fight, including a few other instances of low blows. Those last ones were low and the ref had a great view of it and should have been able to make the correct call and blew it. I'm calling BS just what it is, BS. The fans were robbed too, not just the fighters.
                  That shot to the noggin is what did it and he never recovered his body was giving out. Tensed up and those body shots sealed it straight defenseless.

werent low blows kov would be the first to complain about that.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveM View Post
                    Normally its controversy outside the ring or dodging legit opponents but not inside the ring - yeah occasionally peds - but seriously just look at these 2 last fights - first the judges and now the ref - and the first fight was Ward wrestling and the second fight is the low blows - isn't that a little bit too much controversy in just two fights?
                    Apart from that I am totally disgusted in Weeks. andre looked like he was going to get the tko clearly - he could have been deducted a point fo low blows and still have gotten it as he was the sharper fighter tonight - but Weeks screwed up.
                    I agree Weeks was a little premature, but Kovalev's response makes it hard to argue the stoppage. He was done.

Comment

• Originally posted by OneHittaQuitta1 View Post
                      That statement isn't true at all.your past critical at this point he beat kov stopped him the that shot hurt him bad that L was inevitable at that point.

Ward won yet not a single ounce of credit you gave to him instead you played the race card and every other excuse. Come on dude you on some other ****
                      I have drunk vodka, wine, beer tonight and danced cumbia and salsa and seventies disco - but I'm as sober as a castrated padre - are you denying that Ward is dogged by controversy - even if its not his fault?

Comment

Working...
                      X