No announcement yet.

Great Sky Sports article on why Ward is P4P #1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
    You are a know it all and about as bias in favor of your favorite fighters as they come. You only consider an opinion to be of value if it agrees with your opinion. Ward is one of your favorites and that's why you have him number 1 PFP and started a thread about someone who agrees with you. If a person is one of the majority who thinks Kovalev won the fight then logic dictates they rank Kovalev higher than Ward PFP.
    I have him P4P #1 because he has by far the best resume, has been a top fighter for years and he just beat a P4P top 3 fighter. Logic dictates he should be #1.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
      I have him P4P #1 because he has by far the best resume, has been a top fighter for years and he just beat a P4P top 3 fighter. Logic dictates he should be #1.
      Floyd Mayweather Jr. is out of retirement and is still P4P King. Floyd's resume is by far better than Wards. Logic dictates Floyd should be #1.

Comment

Am I the only boxing fan who doesn't like all this p4p stuff? I mean, it's fun to debate it really is but it's so subjective and unscientific.

You can't compare someone like Roman Gonzalez or lomachenko to someone fighting at 175 or someone like AJ. Not without bringing your own personal biases such as whether h prefer big hitters or elegant fighters into it. Do you like a ko artist? Or have u more respect for defensive genius? It's just mental to compare especially at diff weights

Personally, I think p4p favours lighter weight fighters. Naturally The whole reason p4p lists were invented was to say look the heavyweights may be the biggest and strongest but at their own weight these small guys are good too. Is it me, or BY DEFINITION doesn't that kind of list mean that the guys at the top HAVE to be elegant sexy boxers?

That's all fine, I mean lomachenko and gonzalez are nice to watch - but it just seems stupid to me to put them at the top of the list just cos they box a sexy style when u have heavier guys who could be wired up to some IV of China white and still have the power to take them out with one punch

P4p is dumb

Comment

that could all change by tomorrow morning

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
            that could all change by tomorrow morning
            certainly...i dont think anyone ever tried to deny that

just saying...ward should be the clear #1 as of this minute

Comment

If he wins decisively tonight then I'd agree but it's a reach to call someone undisputed p4p king when they are coming off a disputed win.

Comment

NO.

I can refute this entire reasoning based on the fact his biggest win was a robbery. That alone doesn't make him number 1, he's top ten though.

Comment

If he wins a clear UD over kovalev, maybe.

I think kovalev is a better fighter. Can box just as well and has power.

Comment

Working...
                  X