Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many clean/scoring punches does Conor McGregor land in the "fight"?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
    if conor lands 1 punch of floyd it's a win for mma and ufc.
    I'd agree if the MMA community saw it that way but from what I've seen they think McGregor has a chance of actually winning.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
      Yes, did you? How many clean SCORING punches will Conor land? Last I heard, judges score fights.
      Jusdges score rounds.

Everyone got the point of the thread, you think you're being clever but the point flew straight over you.

Comment

Originally posted by -Johannes- View Post
        Jusdges score rounds.

Everyone got the point of the thread, you think you're being clever but the point flew straight over you.
        Nothing went over my head. In order to score rounds there has to be punches. You are splitting hairs for whatever reason.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
          Nothing went over my head. In order to score rounds there has to be punches. You are splitting hairs for whatever reason.
          Pot, meet kettle.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
            I'd agree if the MMA community saw it that way but from what I've seen they think McGregor has a chance of actually winning.
            of course they feel conor has a shot at winning but that still doesnt change the fact that even if conor lands 1-2 punches on floyd, it will be a win for them because floyd is suppose to be the defensive wizard of this era.

for example, if floyd went and fought conor in the ufc and floyd was able to take conor down a few times but ends up losing the fight. you dont see this as a positive for floyd/boxing considering he has zero experience in mma?

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
              of course they feel conor has a shot at winning but that still doesnt change the fact that even if conor lands 1-2 punches on floyd, it will be a win for them because floyd is suppose to be the defensive wizard of this era.

for example, if floyd went and fought conor in the ufc and floyd was able to take conor down a few times but ends up losing the fight. you dont see this as a positive for floyd/boxing considering he has zero experience in mma?
              Absolutely not and I know for certain they don't see it that way.

The fact is if McGregor landed a punch on Mayweather or Floyd managed to tackle McGregor to the ground in an MMA fight neither would be that impressive. Floyd is hittable and little children and women with zero fighting experience know how to "take somebody down." That didn't become more glamourous the moment MMA adopted it as a gimmick for their sport.

Comment

Working...
              X