Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Warren: Saunders Back in September, Jacobs is Highly Unlikely

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Warren: Saunders Back in September, Jacobs is Highly Unlikely

According to Frank Warren, promoter of WBO middleweight champion Billy Joe Saunders, his boxer is likely making a world title defense on a date in September. He was expected to return next month, in a mandatory defense against Avtandil Khurtsidze. But the fight was canceled last week, after Khurtsidze was unexpectedly arrested in New York City - with local officials claiming the boxer was part of a criminal conspiracy. He is being held without bell, after being indicted under the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (RICO) Act.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Put Saunders against Lemiux on the Canelo vs g string undercard.
    I'm sure Golden Boy promotions would definitely go for that.

Comment

Jacobs is highly unlikely? No kidding Frank? I don't think you're surprised many people with that revelation.

Comment

Be one hell of a card if its

Saunders/Lemieux
        Fury/Parker
        Flanagan/Verdejo
        Smith/Williams 2
        Return of Tyson Fury

If that's what hes working on I'd suspect Boxnation are entering the PPV game

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
          Be one hell of a card if its

Saunders/Lemieux
          Fury/Parker
          Flanagan/Verdejo
          Smith/Williams 2
          Return of Tyson Fury

If that's what hes working on I'd suspect Boxnation are entering the PPV game
          There already ppv.....

Comment

"For reasons beyond his control" is a huge exaggeration, he could have fought several times despite the setbacks but chose not to in order to preserve his status as world champion. It's no secret that he wants to cash out his belt against either Canelo or Golovkin, which is understandable, but normally paper champs like Saunders fulfil their mandatory obligations by choosing the weakest opponent possible, Saunders isn't even doing that, he is simply holding the belt for as long as he can in the hope that one of the bigger names will buy the belt off him.

19 months and only 1 title defence is a joke, if he doesn't want to face a test then the WBO should make Lemieux or Jacobs the next mandatory.

Comment

I thought the WBA ordered a rematch between Ryota Murata and Hassan N'Dam? The obvious choice should be Lemieux, but Rob Brant would be a decent "Plan B" if Lemieux doesn't want the fight. I believe Murata was WBO #1, Lemieux #2, and Brant #3.

Comment

Originally posted by Idgogay4AJ View Post
                There already ppv.....
                Yes of course, but I mean more on top.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  I thought the WBA ordered a rematch between Ryota Murata and Hassan N'Dam? The obvious choice should be Lemieux, but Rob Brant would be a decent "Plan B" if Lemieux doesn't want the fight. I believe Murata was WBO #1, Lemieux #2, and Brant #3.
                  Murata dropped to 3rd when he lost to N'Dam, Canelo's number 1
                  Last edited by Randall Cunning; 06-14-2017, 06:19 AM.

Comment

The UK has had a great resurgence in world class boxing but to blatantly rule out Jacob's is disgraceful.

Comment

Working...
                    X