Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The AIBA will remove two weight classes for 2020 Olympics for men.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The AIBA will remove two weight classes for 2020 Olympics for men.

Based on a gender equality decision by the IOC and they will also add two more weight classes for women.

Awful decision, women boxing sucks but I don't mind they adding new weight classes but doing at cost of men weight classes is an awful decision, there's already a good gap between classes so there's no single class were that wouldn't really affect the fighters besides 49kg.

Looking forward to Cam Awesome winning a gold medal in 2020 as a "woman".

Comment

I don't see the connection between gender equality and which divisions exist. What divisions did they remove and why couldn't they have women's divisions at those weights?

Comment

This just makes the AIBA more powerful in my eyes. The World Championships have always been the real "championship" of amateur boxing. The Olympics just happens to source the "world championships" every 4 years is how I've looked at it.

F#ck the Olympics. The Olympics have sucked forever anyway.

Also good luck to the IOC with trying to get a bunch of dudes care about womans sports that aren't "sexy" & good luck getting the average woman to give a f#ck about sports. Seems like a winning plan lol.

I predict the Olympics will break records for low ratings at the 2020 Olympics with a 50/50 gender split. The 2016 Olympics were the closest the gender split has been in Olympic history & it was the lowest watched Olympics in awhile & down 15% from the previous Olympics.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          F#ck the Olympics. The Olympics have sucked forever anyway.
          smh............

Comment

You are right. It's a stupid decision.

Comment

That's crazy. Really getting sick of women's boxing being shoved down our throats lately. It's so poor

I still wish they didn't get rid of the featherweight division. They might as well reintroduce it for the other tournaments now since there won't be uniform divisions any more anyway

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                That's crazy. Really getting sick of women's boxing being shoved down our throats lately. It's so poor

I still wish they didn't get rid of the featherweight division. They might as well reintroduce it for the other tournaments now since there won't be uniform divisions any more anyway
                They should have added the women divisions but they shouldn't have touched the men divisions, also they should have days only for women boxing and for men boxing, so I could skip women days.

In another topic, did you tagged me in something?, i got a notification with your name but I don't have it anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by yngwie View Post
                  They should have added the women divisions but they shouldn't have touched the men divisions, also they should have days only for women boxing and for men boxing, so I could skip women days.

In another topic, did you tagged me in something?, i got a notification with your name but I don't have it anymore.
                  Yeah I left a message on your profile asking if you knew whether the American championships were being live streamed anywhere. I don't think they are but just checking

HI-TECH Boxing might know too

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                    Yeah I left a message on your profile asking if you knew whether the American championships were being live streamed anywhere. I don't think they are but just checking

HI-TECH Boxing might know too
                    Dailymotion usually streams them.
                    TYC sports sometimes broadcast those tournaments.
                    That was supposed to be my first open tournament.

Comment

Working...
                    X