Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev: I Fought Ward With Empty Tank; Had No Energy, Strength

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would be shocked if Kovalev wins the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
      Holdalev got his tank emptied by a smaller fighter that can't punch.
      Ward was the one initiating 85% of the holds

Comment

kovalev recognizes he faded...says he had an empty tank and no strength....yet somehow is sure he was robbed? hmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
          Kov should stop making excuses. Especially since he knows he won and so do the non biased fans and majority of boxing analysts.

Floyd who is a strong supporter of Andre even came out and said Andre lost that fight.

Being extremely generous, the most I can give Andre is a draw, and that's if I give him the benefit of the doubt in the close rounds.
          if you KNOW you won..then you dont make excuses...you def dont say you gassed and had no strength...thats for sure

like i said...this guy is certainly making excuses for the 2nd half of the fight...when hes so "sure he won"...that dont add up.

Comment

Originally posted by Billycostigan View Post
            wow how did you come up with this number? u seen how E. Spence jr fought ought of clinches n didn't allow it. Kov did the opposite n held to avoid the inside fight, it was a clear part of their game plan and worked to a degree. stop it man

Comment

I'm sure it was the body shots...........

Ward may not be the biggest puncher but he's a solid puncher and you don't have to hit hard if you stay committed to the body round after round. Ward's pressure and body attack wore down Kov.

Comment

Originally posted by goldenbear View Post
                Ward may not be the biggest puncher but he's a solid puncher and you don't have to hit hard if you stay committed to the body round after round. Ward's pressure and body attack wore down Kov.
                exactly....

floyd was similar..in that his punches didnt pack raw power...but they were fast and accurate...and that equals some degree of power

as ive mentioned several times now...kov whines he was robbed...yet acknowledges there was a problem that we ALL saw.....so his claim of being robbed doesnt add up

ward did body work on kovalev...it was evident watching it in real time to me....and it was evident in watching isolated replays.....

alot of boxing fans, even like kova himself, only see the head(catch kova quoting himself on this on 24/7).....ward was putting in work downstairs and it paid off even though kova claims the punches were weak.....eventually enough of them will do something

Comment

Originally posted by Billycostigan View Post
                  Others have argued that Kovalev initiates the clinches to avoid being fouled. Also, your assessment differs from that of Kovalevs trainer who acknowledged that Kovalev held a lot.

Comment

He does sound a little shook, but that could be good.

Comment

Kovalev has made enough excuses to fill a book by now.... i wonder when the book is dropping...

Comment

Working...
                      X