Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Adrien Broner vs Mikey Garcia Fight Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else unable to make a new thread?

Comment

• While everyone was focused on Broner's weight and out of the ring problems, they ignored the #1 issue he's had in big fights, HIS PUNCH OUTPUT!!!! Been saying it since day one, he needs a offensive first trainer in his corner. Garcia threw 350+ more punches than him tonight. 350+!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
        Charlo fight was a joke guy was already a bum and mismatch now the commission putting out statements to deny the guy was already injured. Yet footage of the weighin prove he was limping. Tried to enter the ring with a wrap on the bum knee but was told he couldn't. Clearly he was injured and was allowed to fight. Disgrace that this fight was aired on showtime let alone for an eliminator, shame on WBC and everyone who cleared the fight.
        Yeah, I think it hurts Charlo more than anything. Of course they had to prop the guy up because this was a major tv event, unfortunately and things were set.

Maybe they could've moved up Big Baby against Washington to the prime time slot.

That really was a bad look I agree.

Comment

• Originally posted by HAMMER77777 View Post
          HEAD over to CBSSN y'all. We got Live Boxing there.
          Who's fighting?

Comment

• Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
            Garcia should not go to 147. He never had Broner truly hurt hitting him with everything, I think he's a little too small for that weight class.

He is a very good boxer amd just should stick to 135. I too think Crawford is big trouble for him.
            Broner, for all his shortcomings, is a very tough dude and after taking free shots from maidana, porter and garcia is nearly impossible to knock out.

Garcia doesnt have the intense pressure style which broner cant cope with and landed good single shots, whose impact were lessened, because broner fought a very defensive fight for the first 8 rounds. So Garcia not being able to hurt Broner is not a testament for him not being able to hang with the other welterweights. Porter didnt hurt Broner either.

While i can see Garcia having trouble with welterweights who can impose their size like Spence or Porter, I can still see him doing well against other guys who try to keep it on the outside and prefer to box instead of brawl.

Nevertheless, Garcia would still give his opponents unnecessary advantages if he goes to welterweight. I would much more prefer for him, that he stays at 135 or 140.

Comment

• Looked like Mikey was getting a little bit tired at the end but good fight. I'd like to see Mikey stay at 140 permanently, convert all that fat into muscle and build the body right, 147 is pushing it. Broner didn't have anything on his punches, I think he came in way too light.

Comment

• Ok let's get real
                Personally I think if Broner would of opened like he did towards the end
                I honestly think Garcia would of ko'd him without doubt
                He might of dropped Garcia and even then not to sure but Mikey would of caught him with one of those body shots and that stupid **** Again Broke would of crumbled
                Just an ignorant person and someone try telling me otherwise after that interview

Comment

• Originally posted by HAMMER77777 View Post
                  HEAD over to CBSSN y'all. We got Live Boxing there.
                  And ESPN2 got Sadam Ali fight at 9PM PT

Comment

Comment

Yes, 10 PM my Time, I will be there! Thanks!
                      Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      Who's fighting?
                      All done, Tremaine Williams KO'd this Spanish dude, 3 knock downs in 1st round. Then called out Lee Selby & Gary Russel Jr, LOL. Now I'm going over to ESPN2 for Sadam Ali.

Comment

Working...
                      X