Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Adrien Broner vs Mikey Garcia Fight Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still Adrien Broner. Now surprises here folks. No sense of urgency. He fought the same in round 12 as he did in round 1. Mikey was a couple of classes above him.

As for Mikey Garcia. He's a special talent. I would love to see him against Crawford. I didnt like the "come to Showtime" answer but oh well. It seem like HBO is out of the question for TR fighters so maybe Showtime PPV.
    Last edited by HarvardBlue; 07-29-2017, 10:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
      Kind of feel bad for Broner, I think he truly believed he wasn't A level fighter when it was clear he wasn't after the PDL and Gavin Rees fight.

But even though he'll never be an A-Level fight he's still a draw and can make money fighting lower level fighters. He could perhaps even be a modern day Zab Judah.
      Oh, snap! Broner just can't get over the hump, but he can still make money fighting stiffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
        what's your scorecard? I posted mine. I had Garcia winning. next..
        You talking about about this garbo?
        Broner 10-9
        19-19
        Garcia 29-28
        Garcia 39-37
        Garcia 49-46
        Garcia 58-56
        Garcia 68-65
        Garcia 77-75
        Garcia 86-85
        95-95
        Garcia 105-104
        Garcia 115-113

Like I said man....you're a lost cause

I had the same as farhood....can argue AB for the the first round.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
          what's your scorecard? I posted mine. I had Garcia winning. next..
          i dont have a scorecard by hand, watched it on a stream (a good one, but still a stream) and prefer to score when with above average video quality.

You have the winner right, but you had it 7-5 for Garcia. So if Broner eeked out another round he would have get away with a draw on your scorecard.

I think it is possible to give him up to 3 rounds, but there was no question that Garcia outboxed Broner for the most part of the fight and the rounds Broner could have won, were only won by a slight margin.
          Having Garcia only won by one round doesnt sound right. I dont use compubox as a valid source, but compubox gives an overall impression and tendency.
          Garcia threw double the punches, landed the more clean shot and was for the most part in control of the fight. Dont see how people can have it 7-5 for garcia.

Comment

• Someone get my man Bernstein to a doctor, he sound f#cked up & if Al dies....well Al can't die. He gots to live forever.

Comment

• Another glorified sparring match,same as DG and Thurman.Saving there careers .Broner did nothing,I mean nothing.We have had great names fighting this year with no fire.That fire is left in the 80s and 90s...I was for Broner,he showed nothing to try to win.What the fck is going on in boxing????

Comment

• Originally posted by Sheppirino View Post
                10-2 Garcia. Could even maybe see 9-3 Garcia. Should have this by UD. Should have known better than to pick Garcia by KO. Forgot how much of a tough dude Broner was.
                if chino couldnt ko him how can garcia even knock him down

Comment

• Charlo fight was a joke guy was already a bum and mismatch now the commission putting out statements to deny the guy was already injured. Yet footage of the weighin prove he was limping. Tried to enter the ring with a wrap on the bum knee but was told he couldn't. Clearly he was injured and was allowed to fight. Disgrace that this fight was aired on showtime let alone for an eliminator, shame on WBC and everyone who cleared the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    A year to 18mos off & a reality show.
                    Who is this eff panda
                    What a genius
                    Maybe something on toon network like Tyson's mysteries

Comment

• HEAD over to CBSSN y'all. We got Live Boxing there.

Comment

Working...
                      X