Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to remove promoters from the sport?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's pretty clear they can't.

Oscar De La Hoya was put on blast for sending racist emails using N words towards blacks and literally nothing happened to him. That alone tells you that these guys aren't going anywhere.

Boxing would be a lot better if Oscar and Arum both retired.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tribe View Post

Oscar De La Hoya was put on blast for sending racist emails using N words towards blacks and literally nothing happened to him. That alone tells you that these guys aren't going anywhere.

If not for Bob Arum, Floyd Mayweather would be the most talented car detailer in Grand Rapids, MI........

Comment

I believe the sport is too far gone - the existing dynamic has been established since the beginning, and changing that would require enough of a majority to agree to one set of rules and governance.

Promoters run this business because there effectively is no governance - no central organization that has the majority of fighters under their umbrella, and ensuring conformity. Right now, if a promoter or fighter doesn't like what one Org is offering, they have 3 others they can bugger off to. And those Orgs don't answer to any higher power.

Boxing is the wild west, and while it will never "die" as such - it'll likely morph into something that's barely recognizable, and far from the thoughts of the general public. Maybe not in our lifetime, but it will.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
          If not for Bob Arum, Floyd Mayweather would be the most talented car detailer in Grand Rapids, MI........
          Didn't you promote some dude and ran his career straight into the trash can? Man I'm trying so hard to remember his name but I just can't. Poor guy, never had a chance. Poor handling from the start.

Comment

you can have amateur boxing. you can spar. that's boxing.

but professional boxing without the people who facilitate the elements that make it professional? no

TS, i'm curious, what do you think a promotor does? and what about a fighter?

Comment

source? i'm not saying that's not true, but i'm fairly certain it was GBP / ring mag employee[s], not oscar himself.

Comment

Didn't you promote some dude and ran his career straight into the trash can? Man I'm trying so hard to remember his name but I just can't. Poor guy, never had a chance. Poor handling from the start.
                No. I have only promoted one fighter you probably have ever heard of (since your overall knowledge is obviously quite limited). I worked very hard, and despite a few rather embarrassing losses, I was able to help him get a title shot and several other high-level fights that earned him WELL over a million dollars. And that was almost a decade ago.

But go ahead and make your jokes. Thats pretty much all you have. But dont think you're clever. Plenty of people before you have tried to make the same jokes, and they weren't funny then either.

errrr, youre not as big as Arum, so ur a failure derp derp derp........

errrr, you retired and dont do shows anymore so ur a failure derp derp derp

errrr, ur fighter lost a few fights, so ur a failure derp derp derp

believe me, I've heard it all before. Nothing you can say would be original......
                Last edited by OnePunch; 06-06-2017, 05:34 PM.

Comment

No. I have only promoted one fighter you probably have ever heard of (since your overall knowledge is obviously quite limited). I worked very hard, and despite a few rather embarrassing losses, I was able to help him get a title shot and several other high-level fights that earned him WELL over a million dollars. And that was almost a decade ago.

But go ahead and make your jokes. Thats pretty much all you have. But dont think you're clever. Plenty of people before you have tried to make the same jokes, and they weren't funny then either.....
                  That's exactly the brother I was talking about, but for the life of me I can't remember his name right now. What was it again?

Poor guy, he never had a chance.

Comment

That's exactly the brother I was talking about, but for the life of me I can't remember his name right now. What was it again?

Poor guy, he never had a chance.
                    google is your friend. (and probably your ONLY friend)

and FYI, I helped him get his career going again after your hero (and Haymon employee) Dibella threw this fighter on the scrap heap after a loss

Comment

google is your friend. (and probably your ONLY friend)

and FYI, I helped him get his career going again after your hero (and Haymon employee) Dibella threw this fighter on the scrap heap after a loss
                      I tried google, but your "company" is so obscure and all over the place, it's hard to find the info I need.

I typed "One Punch Promotions boxers" and found nothing. Man, I can't even remember if he fought any high profile fighters so I can look through their boxrec's. Poor kid, I wish I could remember his name. If only he was promoted better.

Comment

Working...
                      X