Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ponomarev vs. Ocampo IBF Eliminator For Errol Spence Title Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by koba-grozny View Post
    i don't know anything about it except what was reported. Neither do you. I'm just not seeing why you conclude from what has been reported that the guy's lying unless you have some other source of information. Injuries do happen fairly frequently in this sport, so unless you have a source you're basically just making stuff up. Anyways, regardless, everyone knows that ponomarov stands next to no chance against spence so i'm not really seeing where your impulse to impugn the guy's character comes from - surely he ain't any kind of threat?
    are you joking? Even reporters like steve kim and dan fat man who bend over backwards for top prank said he was ducking spence... When you duck a fighter and dont want to be called a duck you roll out some fake injury.... What character? This duck has no character....

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
      Funny enough Spence was actually supposed to fight Ponomarev for the original IBF eliminator, but Abel wanted no smoke whatsoever.
      I think Spence should just fight one of them for his hometown Texas bout.
      The ibf would probably find some other bum to replace them. As long as this mandatory doesn't delay a Thurman fight I can live with it.

Comment

Ponomarev is not a bum, he's a hard working guy. Always the same low life idiots that live in a basement calling fighters "bums". That being said, Spence stops both these guys in the same night.

Comment

Sometimes it is good business to "duck" a fighter Until they have enough profile and can bring enough money to justify facing them.

Same reason Thurman has "ducked" Spence.

As Spence continues to build his profile and worth, a lot more fighters are going to be less inclined to "duck" him especially If fighting him means a big payday.

Its still a business folks.

Anyone who thinks Thurman v Spence is going to be made soon is either clueless or new to this BUSINESS!!

Its a potential HUGE money fight IF built properly. None of the parties involved is going to be in a hurry to make it soon.

Once again this is still a business.

Comment

Working...
          X