Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roc Nation & Andre Ward explain why there was no HBO Face Off with Max Kellerman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Can I get a tldw take on what the reason was?
    Summary; Ward went out of his way to fly out on Saturday, but Kov no-showed. Rather than miss 2 days of training in a row, Ward didn't risk Kov not showing up on Sunday too so he flew back home.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
      But going by that train of thought, Roc Nation would also be a liar being that they're also promoters.

Which means we shouldn't trust either of them.

But someone has to be telling the truth?

Or maybe they're both lying?

Or maybe people are just going to believe the story of who they want to believe.
      Did Kovalev show up for the interview during the fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        Some here are just so comfortable in their blanket of ignorance that if you remove it from them, they scream like a child.
        I used to fight it but now I mostly just let them stay stupid and then I get a good laugh in when the truth comes around.
        Everybody knows Kovalev stood Ward up on the night of the fight. He gets no blame. Ward isn't sure Kovalev is showing up the next day after being stood up and Ward gets all the blame.

Comment

Ward didn't show because he didn't have his snack and nappy time.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            Everybody knows Kovalev stood Ward up on the night of the fight. He gets no blame. Ward isn't sure Kovalev is showing up the next day after being stood up and Ward gets all the blame.
            Idk that anyone realllllllllllly gives that much of a f#ck about this is the main thing some people aren't considering.

But I don't think its a hard sell to make that a guy who does lil to promote himself + his fights isn't showing up to a Face Off taping. Then again now that I'm hearing the reverse is apparently true its not hard to understand how a guy who's a lion they are trying to put a suit on & sell as something he isn't is like "f#ck this" about taping some show. So all in all it is what it is & no f#cks given either way cuz Kovalev seems to be being forced to act like he's ODLH with a Russian accent & Ward is a guy who could be a ODLH like character if he had 1/10 of the charm or to hype anything at all of Floyd after a bad day.

I'm just facepalming everything both sides say & do til June 17 & I can see the fight & collect my money when Ward beats Kovalev a second time & hope for something more interesting at 175 sometime in the late 1st quarter or 2nd quarter of 2018 when Ward fights again.

Comment

This is old news, I been heard this story since the beginning of May when it happened. I thought I was going to hear something I didn't know or something different.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                Idk that anyone realllllllllllly gives that much of a f#ck about this is the main thing some people aren't considering.

But I don't think its a hard sell to make that a guy who does lil to promote himself + his fights isn't showing up to a Face Off taping. Then again now that I'm hearing the reverse is apparently true its not hard to understand how a guy who's a lion they are trying to put a suit on & sell as something he isn't is like "f#ck this" about taping some show. So all in all it is what it is & no f#cks given either way cuz Kovalev seems to be being forced to act like he's ODLH with a Russian accent & Ward is a guy who could be a ODLH like character if he had 1/10 of the charm or to hype anything at all of Floyd after a bad day.

I'm just facepalming everything both sides say & do til June 17 & I can see the fight & collect my money when Ward beats Kovalev a second time & hope for something more interesting at 175 sometime in the late 1st quarter or 2nd quarter of 2018 when Ward fights again.

Well, whoever wins between Ward and Kovalev. They are going to have some worthy suitors challenging them with guys like Beterbiev, Stevenson and Gvozdyk. So the tough, difficult fights won't stop. Lol
                Last edited by The Time; 06-04-2017, 03:14 PM.

Comment

It's crazy how one guy gets all the criticism and the other guy gets let off the hook.

Comment

Did Kovalev show up for the interview during the fight?
                    Do the two really have anything to do with one another? Surely the faceoff is the more important event, surely you won't deny that.

I'm not sure what this interview was supposed to be about and if the fighters had a solid agreement to do it together. One would assume Ward wouldn't need Kovalev to conduct his interview.
                    Last edited by SilverMiles; 06-04-2017, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
                      Do the two really have anything to do with one another? Surely the faceoff is the more important event, surely you won't deny that.
                      Yes they do. He stood them up for the interview at the last minute and Ward wasn't sure he'd do the same got the faceoff.

Comment

Working...
                      X