Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Ali be the best HW in today's era?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
    I think Ali would definitely be the man at heavyweight today. Wlad would be his toughest challenge, but Ali still wins. He'd comfortably outbox Joshua, Fury, and Ortiz and he would probably stop Wilder.

He's 6'3" with a long reach. He would be smaller, but won't be completely dwarfed against the monster HWs today. And size isn't everything anyways.
    Heavyweights during the 70's could of been a lot bigger if they wanted to be! It was a different culture back then, and attitude to training (There where hardly any obese heavyweights like there was today!). I can remember watching a clip of Ali vs Norton II weigh in! and Muhammad Ali actually weighed in lighter than Norton than Norton! and he seemed to think that he had won some sort of early victory! which is totally different mindset than today! (Especially for a heavyweight fighter!)...

Listening to Norton speak in this video, it is a marvel that he was able to be weighing over 210 pounds and in shape! seems like he was living in poverty.

Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 06-04-2017, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post
      Ali never fought anyone as big and technically good as Wlad ever

Henry Cooper almost knocked Ali out, and he would have if the round didnt end.

The truth is nobody knows how Ali would compete against the likes of Klitscko, Lewis etc because he never fought guys that size with their skill.

The biggest guy he fought was George Foreman and he was 220lbs at 6'3.5.

Vlad never fought anybody as good as Ali

He couldn't make it past Ross Purrity.

Ali doesn't have to stand in front of Vlad....you see....he had OPTIONS.

His stamina and movement would allow him to keep that lumbering robot TURNING and attack him from angles he never knew existed.

Vlad lacks heart and STAMINA to compete with Ali.

Comment

Idk in my honest opinion the heavyweights today are missing something. Going back in history you can see that they can go for 15 rounds without gassing out in the 5th. They looked faster and sharper with their punches too. Maybe it was just the absence of VADA but I'm not too sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
          Idk in my honest opinion the heavyweights today are missing something. Going back in history you can see that they can go for 15 rounds without gassing out in the 5th. They looked faster and sharper with their punches too. Maybe it was just the absence of VADA but I'm not too sure.

You made sense up until that ****

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post

You made sense up until that ****
            Past heavyweights were drugged up my dude you have to know that.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
              Past heavyweights were drugged up my dude you have to know that.
              **** outta' here.

Comment

Ali would mollywhop Joshua, make Wlad retire before the fight and just LOL at Fury/Wilder while winning an easy decision.

Comment

Originally posted by PF Rudyo View Post
                  Ali would mollywhop Joshua, make Wlad retire before the fight and just LOL at Fury/Wilder while winning an easy decision.
                  ....but they too big doe.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post
                    Well he'd need to add muscle and be heavier to really compete with the super heavyweights today, competing at 210lbs against someone like a 245 klit or 250lbs Joshua would be a disadvantage.
                    If he was bigger and retained his speed/sharpness which could be done then yea he'd be in the mix

Its hard to say because his style of dancing/leaning back from punches could land him in a lot of trouble with tall heavy guys, I dont see him getting away from Klitsckos jab.

Yeah you have to consider if he would still be 210 in todays world with all the gear and chit they are on nowdays. ali was naturally bigger than haye, way more skilled and haye was able to jump up to 220's, a higher weight than ali, and make a lot of noise in the division.

at 6-3 and with a large reach, ali could be 220-230 in todays world without much speed impact

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                      **** outta' here.
                      peds were widely available and not tested for.

you know ali took thyroid meds to cut weight at the end of his career, right? that wold be a ped bust in todays world.

youre a bit naive

Comment

Working...
                      X