No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adonis Stevenson Demolishes Andrzej Fonfara in Two Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lemonhead_Jeff View Post
    How was it bigger than his title-winning victory over lineal champ Chad Dawson? Or his victory over former champ, Tavoris Cloud? Or his stoppage of Tony Bellew, who went on to win a cruiserweight title and KO David Haye?
    Dawson's career was over he's lost more fights than he's won since fighting Ward and came in looking like a slob for most of them. Lost to Tommy Karpency and oh yeah... Fonfara?

Tavoris Cloud... Career was over... 3 ft losing streak and retirement.

You're a hater and trying to take away from Superman but tonight was his biggest win.

Comment

• Originally posted by bbwoof2000 View Post
      What a garbage fight. I think Fonfari was there to get a paycheck. The punches that put him down in the 1st weren't even solid. Fonfari should reach into his pocket and give each fan their money back.
      You sound like an *******.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdp28tx View Post
        Stevenson is a one handed fighter he is not Manny Paq. So yes it should of been an easy game plan to follow considering Fonfara had been 12 rds with Stevenson before. All he had to do was circle to Stevenson's right, use his jab, use his straight right hand. But obviously Hunter and Fonfara did not make any game plan. If you think Stevenson is some awesome, great fighter then why has he only fought bums for 4yrs. I guess you are easily impressed by bums getting knocked out by Stevenson bcuz he is no Superman.
        He lost a UD by large margins in their first fight so I dunno what you're talking about. In that fight Fonfara was getting outboxed and eating left hands non stop. He got a bit of success when Stevenson gassed but that lasted only a round or two. That fight was a near white wash man you haters are delusional. You're the only ones who think the fight was competetive.

Lmao! You think no one has tried that basic crap you just suggested? Everyone has tried it, they all failed miserably.

Stevenson is slick AF, both on the outside and on the inside, there is no one in boxing right now that is better at setting up his lead hand than Stevenson. He has a brilliant one two to set up his left, a brilliant feint jab to set it up, and he can even throw it as a lead.

He also throws it as a straight to the head, a straight to the body, a cross to the head, a cross to the body, an uppercut to the chin, and an uppercut to the body.

He can throw it as a pull counter or slip the jab and with his hip movement and throw it (again in all different formats, straights, crosses, uppercuts, to the body or head).

He also sometimes sets it up with a right hook to the body or a tap right hook to probe for openings.

He's good both on the outside and on the inside too, he just keeps throwing and landing in every awkward angle at both distances.

Lol, dude, Stevenson is top five most dynamic fighters in the world, in fact top 3.

I honestly don't know where people get this 'Stevenson is one dimensional' myth, well actually I do, it's coz they either haters or don't know shieeet about boxing!!!

Comment

• Just watched it...pathetic crap.

Comment

• What was the point of this fight again ?
            Did the last fight was close between these two ? NO
            Did Fonfara win his last fight ? NO

Pointless fight for brainless nimrods. And he still wont fight Pascal or Alvarez - ajajajajaja

Krusher will ripp super@ssole's head off if they ever meet in the ring.

Comment

• I had to record this fight so I just saw it. Stevenson has serious power and that will make him dangerous against anyone but he is a one trick pony, the trick is phenomenal though. Its a shame he started so late, it would have been fun to have seen him with Manny from age 20 or so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
                He lost a UD by large margins in their first fight so I dunno what you're talking about. In that fight Fonfara was getting outboxed and eating left hands non stop. He got a bit of success when Stevenson gassed but that lasted only a round or two. That fight was a near white wash man you haters are delusional. You're the only ones who think the fight was competetive.

Lmao! You think no one has tried that basic crap you just suggested? Everyone has tried it, they all failed miserably.

Stevenson is slick AF, both on the outside and on the inside, there is no one in boxing right now that is better at setting up his lead hand than Stevenson. He has a brilliant one two to set up his left, a brilliant feint jab to set it up, and he can even throw it as a lead.

He also throws it as a straight to the head, a straight to the body, a cross to the head, a cross to the body, an uppercut to the chin, and an uppercut to the body.

He can throw it as a pull counter or slip the jab and with his hip movement and throw it (again in all different formats, straights, crosses, uppercuts, to the body or head).

He also sometimes sets it up with a right hook to the body or a tap right hook to probe for openings.

He's good both on the outside and on the inside too, he just keeps throwing and landing in every awkward angle at both distances.

Lol, dude, Stevenson is top five most dynamic fighters in the world, in fact top 3.

I honestly don't know where people get this 'Stevenson is one dimensional' myth, well actually I do, it's coz they either haters or don't know shieeet about boxing!!!
                Great post, well said.

And you're right. Too many peeps DKSAB lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdp28tx View Post
                  I don't think Kov would duck anyone but Stevenson has made a career of ducking ever since he won that title. And we all know Ward takes the path of least resistance and kicks and screams when he is made to fight top fighters.
                  I guess thats why ward has top 3 record in boxing huh.

Comment

• Originally posted by kushking View Post
                    I guess thats why ward has top 3 record in boxing huh.

top 3 record?

Outside of Froch and Kovalev, he's not really beaten anyone.

Comment

• In a phenomenal year for boxing, Adonis Stevenson still fails to deliver us to fights we want to see. 2017 has been a year of great fights and matchups where the best fight the best. But for some reason Adonis doesn't understand this. He fought Fonfara a guy who he already beat, who no one wanted to see him rematch. Most people wanted the Joe Smith jr and for whatever reason it didn't happen. He should of fought Eleider Alvarez his mandatory who he's been ducking for years. If not that and worst come to worst he should of at least fought Monaghan over Fonfara because at least it's a fresh new fight and style compared to the rematch against someone that Joe Smith knocked out and that you had beat already. Other fights that could of been made Beterbiev or Barrera, which could of been good fights. But he doesn't seem like he wants any tough fights.
                      Last edited by Shams627; 06-04-2017, 01:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X