Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kovalev bench pressing. But weights are bad doe...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
    "I've never lifted a weight heavier than a spoon. i fight not lift weights." - Golovkin
    They all say this but they all implement weights into their workouts in some capacity

Comment

I'd swap my bench for he's punch any day. Bench doesn't translate to power at all, you can't use alot of the strength because the core doesn't allow for it.

Comment

People who say that are implying heavy weights. Do you really need to be spoon feed this info?

Comment

Kovalev better not start looking vascular, that would mean he's on roids according to Maxi.

Comment

People who say that are implying heavy weights. Do you really need to be spoon feed this info?

Comment

For a boxer cutting weight down to 175 and doing tons of cardio benching 220 lbs is impressive. Considering all the cardio this guy has to do and is severly underfed.

Comment

Overloading on heavy weight training is a bad approach, but a few reps under control won't overload muscle.

A lot of boxers take too much plyometric training which can really damage joints and put them out for long periods of time, all that crossfit **** etc.

Do what suits your body and benefits your style the most.

Comment

Kovalev obviously doesnt lift much weights since all he can lift is 225 on bench press. Not very impressive.

Comment

When he parted his legs I saw no visible bulge. He has no pen|s.

Comment

Can't believe people still hold on to the lifting weights/heavy weights are bad for boxers notion. The problem with lifting weights would be related to the types of workouts and/or amount of time you spend lifting weights vs your sport specific training.

The main thing is boxers should avoid lifting weights for aesthetics/building muscle. And this is a trap a lot of younger people fall for. Secondly, the weight training needs to be implemented as a complement to boxing, I.e. Just like boxers shouldn't train to run a marathon, they shouldn't train to become Olympic weightlifters/bodybuilders either.

Comment

Working...
                      X