No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Light Heavyweight Heats Up in Time for Summer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Light Heavyweight Heats Up in Time for Summer

By Cliff Rold - So far 2017 has been good for boxing across the scale. From Jr. bantamweight to heavyweight, we've seen fierce battles, changing faces, and all with the stage setting for even more big business in the fall. And then there's light heavyweight. The world's best 175 lb. fighters have been notably absent for much of the year. Oh, sure, there has been a sighting or two. Last month, for instance, Oleksandr Gvozdyk loudly announced his arrival as a contender with a knockout of Yunieski Gonzalez...
    [Click Here To Read More]

Stevenson is the most protected fighter in the Light Heavyweight division. Like Canelo Alverez his handlers carefully cherry pick each opponent in order to keep Stevenson relevant long enough to get a big money fight with Kovalev or Ward. He mouths off all the time then hides before and real negotiations happen. Why he gets the press he does is beyond me

Comment

Originally posted by bluemax View Post
      Stevenson is the most protected fighter in the Light Heavyweight division. Like Canelo Alverez his handlers carefully cherry pick each opponent in order to keep Stevenson relevant long enough to get a big money fight with Kovalev or Ward. He mouths off all the time then hides before and real negotiations happen. Why he gets the press he does is beyond me
      Wow .Never figured Stevenson vs Ward/Kovalev was a Big money fight.
      Even though Adonis is a fun fighter to watch it's painfully obvious he's trying to milk that tiltle for all it's worth without having to fight Kovalev/Ward .
      Adonis was dragging his feet in the talks to fight B-Hop so Hopkins said F*** it , I'll fight Kovalev​ which left Stevenson with the Leftovers in the division .
      I think Adonis's championship run should be coming to an end soon . Even if he gets by the 29 year old Fonfara ( goona be tough) he's still got another young , hungry and Skilled contender waiting in Elidier Alvarez .

Comment

Originally posted by Idunnoshet View Post
        Wow .Never figured Stevenson vs Ward/Kovalev was a Big money fight.
        Even though Adonis is a fun fighter to watch it's painfully obvious he's trying to milk that tiltle for all it's worth without having to fight Kovalev/Ward .
        Adonis was dragging his feet in the talks to fight B-Hop so Hopkins said F*** it , I'll fight Kovalev​ which left Stevenson with the Leftovers in the division .
        I think Adonis's championship run should be coming to an end soon . Even if he gets by the 29 year old Fonfara ( goona be tough) he's still got another young , hungry and Skilled contender waiting in Elidier Alvarez .
        haha i was wondering what the hell dude was saying about ward or kov being big money fight too lol. But i dont think he beats fonfara this time to even find out. Then fonfara hopefully behaves lile a champion and defends against the true competition in the division. I like adonis but he really has turned out to be disapointing when it comes to fighting top guys

Comment

Working...
        X