Let's be honest. Floyd vs Pac was a lot closer than people made out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's be honest. Floyd vs Pac was a lot closer than people made out

This was despite Floyd being a lot bigger and rangier than Pacman

I watched the fight a second time a few months ago, couldn't decide whether it was 6-6 or 7-5 Floyd.

Let's be honest, if we didn't have preconceived notions about who the 'boxer' and 'brawler' were, and how each of these respective combatants had to perform to win the fight, we would have been able to judge this fight more accurately. Also the bias commentary didn't help.

Floyd mostly landed love taps, Pac landed the harder punches and did more damage throughout, also made Floyd miss a lot. Floyd landed a lot more 'iffy' punches in this fight.

Starts at 1:00

I was rooting for Pac but the bastard wouldn't throw his hands and he let Mayweather take the fight. It wasn't domination or any of the other childish things people say but it was a clear loss. Pac didn't go after it and people gotta live with that.

Comment

No it wasn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        I was rooting for Pac but the bastard wouldn't throw his hands and he let Mayweather take the fight. It wasn't domination or any of the other childish things people say but it was a clear loss. Pac didn't go after it and people gotta live with that.
        I think 2009 Pac wins, since the Marquez KO Pac been too cautious.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          Thats it,Pac defens was on point ,traps and counters too ,his boxing was on point but he just wasnt hungry in this fight.

Comment

It just simply was not a close fight. 7-5 smh let alone 6-6.

Comment

There should be rematch. Becasyse there's not one PAC is fighting horn.
              It was a close fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
                It just simply was not a close fight. 7-5 smh let alone 6-6.
                Some guys can't let go..

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                There should be rematch. Becasyse there's not one PAC is fighting horn.
                It was a close fight.
                No rematch the fight sucked now both guys are older let Mayweather do whatever same as Pac it's over.

Comment

I gave Pac two rounds at best and that's if I'm generous. Damn near shut out by Mayweather. TBE

Comment

No.

Pac landed 81 punches total.

It was a clinic, a boxing masterclass.

And Pac was the crashtest dummy in it.

Comment

Working...
                    X