Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's be honest. Floyd vs Pac was a lot closer than people made out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

think i had it 9-3 to floyd. 9-3 sounds really dominant but it wasnt really, just floyd having the edge in most rounds, i dont think he came out of the fight with huge amounts of credit either, didnt do much offensively and fought unbelievably negative. know its easier said than done but pacquiao really should have let his hands go a bit more in second half of the fight. was a real stinker of a fight.

Comment

My only critusicm of PAC is he took roaches plan of in and out too literally.
      The plan was to get in, un load on Floyd and then get out.
      There were times when PAC was in an d unloading and Floyd resembled pounch bag. PAC would then In tentionakly stop attack, to go out of range only to go back in.
      It wasn't neccesary unless his shoulder was hurting.
      He should have coni tin ued to unload and get Floyd out oout of there

Comment

I scored it 8-4 Floyd but it was obvious when Manny hurt the shoulder when he was throwing shots at Floyd on the ropes. The fight took a turn right then. Also, it was proven that Manny out landed Floyd despite what compubox said.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          I was rooting for Pac but the bastard wouldn't throw his hands and he let Mayweather take the fight. It wasn't domination or any of the other childish things people say but it was a clear loss. Pac didn't go after it and people gotta live with that.
          Right......

Because he had a torn rotator cuff...

Comment

It was the worst mega fight in boxing history. Floyd ran and hugged more than he fought. Should've been no more than a draw. No rematch...and the fight will go down as one of the worst pay per view events ever. Now some black people act as if floyd was an assassin in the ring...those fans only root for floyd because he's black, plain and simple. They need to open their eyes and see that phaggots like Gheyweather are the reason that boxing is in the state that it's in...corruption, greed, diva antics from fighters that are supposed to be gladiators...smh

Comment

Originally posted by spytactics View Post
              It was the worst mega fight in boxing history. Floyd ran and hugged more than he fought. Should've been no more than a draw. No rematch...and the fight will go down as one of the worst pay per view events ever. Now some black people act as if floyd was an assassin in the ring...those fans only root for floyd because he's black, plain and simple. They need to open their eyes and see that phaggots like Gheyweather are the reason that boxing is in the state that it's in...corruption, greed, diva antics from fighters that are supposed to be gladiators...smh
              So true in so many levels.

I see Floyd fans are in defense mode again lmao

KENNY LOPEZ SHOCKING INTERVIEW! PACQUIAO BEAT MAYWEATHER RE SCORE PEDS USADA NSAC

@ 2:32 - Did Pacquiao win this fight? Honestly. Yes!
              @ 2:34 - I think that the reason a lot of people don't see it that way is because of the commentating. It fooled a lot of people.
              @2:48 - Mayweather was very good at pot shotting moving out controling the distance, if you take that away and you neutralize it, he looks like his landing catching those shots, but you hear Roy Jones saying he landed, but when you watch it again, he wasn't landing none of those shots.

@ 3:30 - I want to make it official, I watched the fight again, and I thought Manny Pacquiao won that fight when I watched it again.

Nacho about Floyd: The kid caved. Over defensive on the most important fight of his life.

"He knew he was supported by the judges to give a luck luster fight."

"He (floyd) lost so much credibility"

"the only one throwing punches was Pacquiao"

"how can they gave the rounds to a guy who even looks ridiculous running away scared?"

"or giving hugs to turn off the fight?"

# rematch written all over the place. Floyd needs to redeem himself with this poor display of boxing.

More like the myth that Floyd actually deserve this fluke win lmao

Even in Spain, they saw Pac winning. (@ 14:00 mark, BOXING EXPERTS AT THE END OF THE VIDEO ALL FOR PAC)

Hopefully history perceives things the correct way, which is that one man came to fight, the other came to hug and run, and that there was an obvious difference in work and effort in the ring that night between the two competitors.
              Last edited by Spoon23; 05-29-2017, 05:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                I thought PAC won the fight. Mayweather looked terrible.
                Chronicles of the Biggest sports Heist in History

Even Floyd's Uncle Roger Mayweather rematch is the only way to go.

Family knows best.

Roger Mayweather says Floyd has got to beat Manny Again earn respect from boxing fans
                http://**********boxing.com/

If you can't link, just go to, on the ropes boxing.com, interview is all there.

Roger Mayweather: Floyd's legacy is going to be good but he needs to close that legacy with Pacquiao. He needs to go back and him and Pacquiao need to do it again. Thats what I think. To close the door in terms of victory, thats what he needs to do.

Jenna J: If Floyd does that, where does that put him amongst the greats?

Roger Mayweather: That would put him amongst the greatest fighters, but Floyd had a good, long legacy anyways. He will be amongst some of the greatest fighters but hes got to close the thing with Pacquiao before he ever does that, because thats one of the known guys that people respect and I think thats the guy that he's gonna have to beat or have to show something with.

Even Roger Mayweather knows Floyd didn't conclude anything that night.

Last edited by Spoon23; 05-30-2017, 01:46 AM.

Comment

People are still butthurt from this loss. It was a clear loss

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
                    It's a close fight in a world where landing punches isn't required to win a fight.
                    It was a close fight when clinching and running trumps all lmao

Anyway,

a rematch for all the money and glory should be made..

but..

as you can see..

Floyd rather quack and fight a on boxer for 50 than to get exposed in a rematch with Pac. Pac beat him without even throwing a punch this time.

Floyd knows he can't con the public twice with that queer performance again. Fighting a spirited fight for a rematch will be suicide for Floyd. Truth is out.

If there is one who needs to redeem himself for all that running and hugging that night. It's Floyd, he owes it to himself and the paying public who got ripped of for that sorry display of boxing.

Mayweather Hugging & Running Away from Pacquiao booed in every hug all documented to the end of time.

The boos in every Floyd Mayweather hug caught in this footage only shows how boxing fans feel in their frustration of what is an example of what not to do in a super fight of this magnitude.

Floyd Mayweather Booed at after Defeating Manny Pacquiao. Why?? Undeserved win. That's why!

# Vegas loves Floyd!

# Floyd gets booed after the W. Did he actually win?

Last edited by Spoon23; 05-28-2017, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype Job View Post
                      This was despite Floyd being a lot bigger and rangier than Pacman

I watched the fight a second time a few months ago, couldn't decide whether it was 6-6 or 7-5 Floyd.

Let's be honest, if we didn't have preconceived notions about who the 'boxer' and 'brawler' were, and how each of these respective combatants had to perform to win the fight, we would have been able to judge this fight more accurately. Also the bias commentary didn't help.

Floyd mostly landed love taps, Pac landed the harder punches and did more damage throughout, also made Floyd miss a lot. Floyd landed a lot more 'iffy' punches in this fight.

Starts at 1:00

Offensively that was an awful showing from both sides. Pac was hesitant, and Floyd could've easily done better given his skillset. But that's what happens when nobody wants to make any mistakes.

Floyd nullified whatever pac could offer though, disrupted his rhythm all throughout the fight and ultimately landed enough and more to win it.

Nobody was dominating offensively, but defensively floyd was in control. So that on its own is already amazing feat since nobody can do that or did that even to that semi-past prime pac.

But Pac fans has nothing to bitter about, Floyd milked that fight and waited when it should've happened 5 years ago. Arum didn't want it, didn't trust pacquiao enough to beat floyd and his numbers would significantly decrease if he loses. Floyd didn't want to go out and risk a lost against prime pac even if that fight was winnable, and advisers probably telling him it's still could get a lot bigger. and it did.
                      He waited until pacquiao could no longer KO the algieris and struggling with the bradley's of the world.
                      the reason the fight was still big because most casuals just couldn't see right thru the hype. That pac was already on the decline. That he was already hesitant. Could no longer throw 600 punches per fight. That his explosiveness was already reduced since getting KTFO by marquez.

And lastly, shoulder injury is BS.

Comment

Working...
                      X