Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Isnt it funny how the boxing world puts smaller fighters on a pedestal? ie Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd claiming to be better than Ali is like a world champion sprinter from the special Olympics claiming to be better than Usain Bolt, see how ridiculous that sounds?

The best boxer in the world is the best boxer in the world, just cuz you add weightclasses doesnt mean you have a special magical right to claim your better than Ali. Floyd can only claim to be the superior boxer if he can actually beat Ali.

Weightclasses are fine, but lets not pretend like WW's are the best boxers in the world. They aint

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post
      Floyd claiming to be better than Ali is like a world champion sprinter from the special Olympics claiming to be better than Usain Bolt, see how ridiculous that sounds?

The best boxer in the world is the best boxer in the world, just cuz you add weightclasses doesnt mean you have a special magical right to claim your better than Ali. Floyd can only claim to be the superior boxer if he can actually beat Ali.

Weightclasses are fine, but lets not pretend like WW's are the best boxers in the world. They aint
      So by that logic, the 100th ranked HW tomato can bum is better than the featherweight champion? That makes no sense. Of course some 220 lb tomato can would beat the featherweight champ. That dosen't mean he's a better Boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by HAMMER77777 View Post
        So by that logic, the 100th ranked HW tomato can bum is better than the featherweight champion? That makes no sense. Of course some 220 lb tomato can would beat the featherweight champ. That dosen't mean he's a better Boxer.
        How can you lose 1v1 against a boxer in the ring and claim to be the better fighter?

He may be the better P4P fighter, but hes not the better fighter period. P4P is made up, its mythical.
        The heavyweight champion will always be the baddest man on the planet because he really is, and wont use a ridiculous crutch like "P4P best" to be better than he really is. Which is what Floyd really is, a good small fighter who beat other smaller fighters but just like the World champion in the Special Olympics he will never be able to compete against the real thing.

Comment

I don't care for p4p.. Mayweather is very talented, the best of this generation by far and he's in top on most people's if not everyone's p4p list. But p4p doesn't mean he's entertaining to watch.. Just like ward.. Very talented and p4p but not very entertaining. I admire thier talent but their fights aren't that you remember as epic nights in boxing.

Its almost as though p4p means you fight boring. Mike Tyson wasn't p4p, but some even thought he was all hype but I'd rather watch his fights over Mayweather.. Heavyweight fighters have always been my favourite. They bring raw power, even if they don't have skill you're still likely to see a knockout.

The best heavyweight of any generation.. Ali, Tyson or AJ now would destroy every other fighter in every weightclass so they are seen as the real top dog in all of boxing.. So **** p4p.

Comment

smaller guys are able to go through many divs to prove how great they are hence, more matches to be made.

a great hw can only be a great hw.

Comment

But then he stands next to Anthony Joshua and gets laughed at for being so small and short in comparison.

Yet people put on him on this pedestal as being such a great boxer when someone like AJ could probably beat him with one hand.

This is why i dont take what Floyd says seriously, about him being the best of all time, being above Ali etc
              Unless you can actually beat Ali in the ring how can you say youre above him? Lets face it, Ali would knock Floyd out.

Take away this P4P hypothetical BS and stick to boxing and Floyd doesnt have a leg to stand on. Yea hes a great small fighter but against guys over 6 feet and weigh 168lbs hes just not
              Man you're right...all divisions but heavyweight should be abolished.

Comment

Originally posted by NahMean View Post
                I don't care for p4p.. Mayweather is very talented, the best of this generation by far and he's in top on most people's if not everyone's p4p list. But p4p doesn't mean he's entertaining to watch.. Just like ward.. Very talented and p4p but not very entertaining. I admire thier talent but their fights aren't that you remember as epic nights in boxing.

Its almost as though p4p means you fight boring. Mike Tyson wasn't p4p, but some even thought he was all hype but I'd rather watch his fights over Mayweather.. Heavyweight fighters have always been my favourite. They bring raw power, even if they don't have skill you're still likely to see a knockout.

The best heavyweight of any generation.. Ali, Tyson or AJ now would destroy every other fighter in every weightclass so they are seen as the real top dog in all of boxing.. So **** p4p.
                Tyson was p4p #1 1988-89

Comment

Ugh! Dummy.

Comment

How can you lose 1v1 against a boxer in the ring and claim to be the better fighter?

He may be the better P4P fighter, but hes not the better fighter period. P4P is made up, its mythical.
                    The heavyweight champion will always be the baddest man on the planet because he really is, and wont use a ridiculous crutch like "P4P best" to be better than he really is. Which is what Floyd really is, a good small fighter who beat other smaller fighters but just like the World champion in the Special Olympics he will never be able to compete against the real thing.
                    So some HW tomato can that is 24-20 is a better Boxer than Floyd? That is just nonsense. So your top 100 Fighters would all be HW's? Because even the 100th rank HW would beat Boxers at lower weight classes. So Lou Savarese is a better Boxer than Floyd? Put up a poll on here and see how many people agree with u. How about Don Steele (that HW bum who Ray Mercer literally knocked out of the ring). He's a better Boxer than Floyd? Put up a poll, I dare u.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
                      Man you're right...all divisions but heavyweight should be abolished.
                      Nonsense. So Sugar Ray Leonard, Floyd, Oscar, Julio, Manny, 1000's of others should not have had a career? That is ridiculous. I like HW's too, but I like all weight classes from 105 # minimumweights all the way up to HW. I actually prefer the smaller weight classes, if I had to choose. More action.

Comment

Working...
                      X