Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence Broke Brook's Left Orbital Bone, Surgery a Possibility

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by richardt View Post
    Time for him to announce his retirement.
    Well I just watched the fight again and his right eye doesn't even have any swelling. If he gets a plate put in the other one he should be more than fine to continue on fighting.

Comment

he tried his best but he fell far short IMO, there's several guys out there that would beat him unless he wants to continue vs the Lesser opposition take all the money you've made in your last 2 fights and retire...

Comment

He should have retired right after the Golovkin fight. No one should pretend the injury was not going to affect the fight. That's always in the back of everyone's minds. Spence deserves the win. Let's just leave it at that.

I'm more into blaming why the fight didn't happen when it mattered most -- right after the Algieri and Bizier fights. Mandos have to be set in stone with these stupid IBF/WBX/etc bodies.

Comment

Provided this new injury can heal, there is no reason for Brook to retire.

He's just lost a very close fight against a fellow elite boxer, plenty of places to go from there! Provided the injury fully heals and he has the desire to carry on.

I guess the most lucrative would be Khan, and that fight would generate a massive UK buzz despite them both losing their last fight

Comment

Originally posted by bronx7 View Post
            Sorry to hear up to 7th round was very good fight brook was winning. I hope he has a rematch clause as a champ I would always have one in the contract. Of course Spence can make a defense while brook gets surgery but only fair champ gets a rematch if he wants
            No rematch clause for a mandatory defense. Also the win was definite. No need for a rematch.

Comment

Brook's team should be concerned about taking that Khan fight. Dude is fast as hell for 5 or 6 rounds.

With those bone issues, Khan could do some serious damage to Book's eyes. Look what Khan did to Garcia, and Keith barely put a scratch on Danny.

Yes Brook could stop him, but how much damage would one of those eyes take to get that stoppage?

He might need to hang his gloves up.

Comment

Damn, Triple G ruined this guy, he never should of went up two weight classes. It's probably for the best that he retires.

Comment

Now Khan has the blueprint to beat Brook, just keep targeting his eyes lol

Comment

Left Orbital Bone broken, the one GGG broke was the right one, two things in my humble opinion:

1) He doesn't absorb punishment around his eyes well.

2) Spence is a very heavy handed guy as GGG.

Either way I'm hyped with Spence, to me he's the boggeyman of the 147, I don't see anyone at 147 beating him.

Crawford moving up would be a mega fight, or Spence moving up to 154 could be very interesting.

Spence is indeed the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                      Brook's team should be concerned about taking that Khan fight. Dude is fast as hell for 5 or 6 rounds.

With those bone issues, Khan could do some serious damage to Book's eyes. Look what Khan did to Garcia, and Keith barely put a scratch on Danny.

Yes Brook could stop him, but how much damage would one of those eyes take to get that stoppage?

He might need to hang his gloves up.

Originally posted by HIGHNESS View Post
                      Now Khan has the blueprint to beat Brook, just keep targeting his eyes lol
                      Khan don't have the power like Spence to keep Brook honest. Brook would not sit back with Khan and let him range him to death. Brook would be a Porter to Khan and bull rush him and get him pinned to those ropes. That's all she wrote after that.

Comment

Working...
                      X