No announcement yet.

Brook "I couldn't see" yet he looks directly at the presenter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    He didn't give a "damn good fight." He did ok-ish in the first 4-5 rounds, I think I had him slightly up but the moment Spence started coming forward and throwing 3-4 punches at a time, Brook just kept hanging on. This was before the injury even happened.

Of course they're just men but they are also paid more than 90% of the human population, they are paid to fight on top of all that, given adjulation by millions of people world wide and ultimately, they are taking part in a sport where guys have gone through much worse than Brooks little damaged eye to win.

Now, I don't see anyone arguing that Brook did not quit, just people making excuses for Brook quitting. So I assume you all believe Brook quit but you're ok with that.

I'm fine with you're way of thinking but I don't think like that. People don't just quit in life, a doctor can't just quit one day because he has had an 18 hour shift and walks out of the middle of an operation and says "I'm leaving, I don't care what happens to the patient, I'm taking my pay check and coming back after an 8 month break."

Fighter have that luxury, that is why they get ccriticised. Brook got paid millions to quit, he will not take months and months out of the sport and come back claiming he is 2better than ever" and get paid millions again.

Stop making excuses for pathetic losers like that.
    boxer get paid to fight not risk there lives

so if he went on and then went blind just so you can say he was a warrior are you going to help him out for the rest of his life

beside one fight could end his career and he wont be making those millions.

Comment

He didn't give a "damn good fight." He did ok-ish in the first 4-5 rounds, I think I had him slightly up but the moment Spence started coming forward and throwing 3-4 punches at a time, Brook just kept hanging on. This was before the injury even happened.

Of course they're just men but they are also paid more than 90% of the human population, they are paid to fight on top of all that, given adjulation by millions of people world wide and ultimately, they are taking part in a sport where guys have gone through much worse than Brooks little damaged eye to win.

Now, I don't see anyone arguing that Brook did not quit, just people making excuses for Brook quitting. So I assume you all believe Brook quit but you're ok with that.

I'm fine with you're way of thinking but I don't think like that. People don't just quit in life, a doctor can't just quit one day because he has had an 18 hour shift and walks out of the middle of an operation and says "I'm leaving, I don't care what happens to the patient, I'm taking my pay check and coming back after an 8 month break."

Fighter have that luxury, that is why they get ccriticised. Brook got paid millions to quit, he will not take months and months out of the sport and come back claiming he is 2better than ever" and get paid millions again.

Stop making excuses for pathetic losers like that.
      It is not the same regarding your doctor stuff. I am not a Doctor but I am a healthcare professional I work 13 hour shifts.

If smashed my orbital bone on shift. I'd go to A&E mate.

Edited to say: Really if you can't perform your job you should go home/or stop.

For me I love boxing but yeah I am conflicted about injuries but it is the nature of the beast. But I Brook did his thing in there on Saturday and touch wood leaves boxing with no lasting damage.

Some of you lot see it as a blood sport. I don't and never have seen it the same way. I only judge the competitors by own standards. I don't really care if their purses are more than I'll earn in a lifetime none of us get buried with it.
      Last edited by Sparked_26; 05-31-2017, 12:20 PM.

Comment

How do you know it would have changed his vision? Are you a doctor? Did you examine him while he was in the ring? Has every fighter with a broken orbital lost vision? Have fighters not carried on AND WON with worse injuries?

Stop making excuses. He quit.

What is that supposed to mean? GGG has beaten all the best and relevant contenders in his division. Every. Single. One.

the only name left was BJS but GGG is instead fighting Canelo, the so called lineal champ and a far superior fighter to BJS so again, what do you mean?
        Did you really say " the best and relevant contenders in his division" LOL, Wow. Do you even watch boxing or like 3 of lil g's fights?? Dude lost to Jacobs! (unofficially)

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
          Did you really say " the best and relevant contenders in his division" LOL, Wow. Do you even watch boxing or like 3 of lil g's fights?? Dude lost to Jacobs! (unofficially)
          Macklin, Murray, Geale and Lemieux were the most relevant middleweights around at the time of asking.

Fights that could have happened:

Sturm (turned it down and arguably lost to Macklin and Murray)

Eubank Jr (turnedi t down)

BJS (doesn't want it)

Cotto (turned it down)

Canelo (turned it down several times, is happening now)

Who was GGG supposed to have fought that he didn't?

Comment

Originally posted by VERSION1 (V1) View Post
            boxer get paid to fight not risk there lives

so if he went on and then went blind just so you can say he was a warrior are you going to help him out for the rest of his life

beside one fight could end his career and he wont be making those millions.
            wait what? boxing is dangerous, Kell Crook knew that, no one forced him into becoming a boxer. Why don't you go and give Crook another job that pays millions?

Comment

So the people arguing, do you believe Kell Crook quit or not?

What I am getting from some of you is that yes he quit but it is ok to quit in life.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                It is not the same regarding your doctor stuff. I am not a Doctor but I am a healthcare professional I work 13 hour shifts.

If smashed my orbital bone on shift. I'd go to A&E mate.

Edited to say: Really if you can't perform your job you should go home/or stop.

For me I love boxing but yeah I am conflicted about injuries but it is the nature of the beast. But I Brook did his thing in there on Saturday and touch wood leaves boxing with no lasting damage.

Some of you lot see it as a blood sport. I don't and never have seen it the same way. I only judge the competitors by own standards. I don't really care if their purses are more than I'll earn in a lifetime none of us get buried with it.
                What is your profession? I highly doubt you work 13 hour shifts unless you are a nurse, which I do not believe you are otherwise you would have said it outright instead of this "healthcare professional" rubbish.

Plus if you don't understand my example then there's no point in furthering this conversation because you obviously have a poor grasp of the English language and an inability to understand analogies.

Comment

Macklin, Murray, Geale and Lemieux were the most relevant middleweights around at the time of asking.

Fights that could have happened:

Sturm (turned it down and arguably lost to Macklin and Murray)

Eubank Jr (turnedi t down)

BJS (doesn't want it)

Cotto (turned it down)

Canelo (turned it down several times, is happening now)

Who was GGG supposed to have fought that he didn't?
                  Funny how you danced around Ward though right.....and cotto too small. And ever since he lost to Jacobs(unofficially) everyone is calling him out so after the nelo fight he has no where to run but he probably still will at least his team will cuz they know better....

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                    Funny how you danced around Ward though right.....and cotto too small. And ever since he lost to Jacobs(unofficially) everyone is calling him out so after the nelo fight he has no where to run but he probably still will at least his team will cuz they know better....
                    The vast majority who viewed the Jacobs fight scored it for GGG. It wasn't even close and the contrived nature of this "controversy" is the worst in HBOs dirty history.

But I digress and go back to the question: who did GGG not fight tha the was supposed to fight?

If you say Ward then tell us when that fight was supposed to happen exactly? Whe nwas Ward a middleweight? Or when was Ward an active super middleweight and willing to fight GGG?

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                      What is your profession? I highly doubt you work 13 hour shifts unless you are a nurse, which I do not believe you are otherwise you would have said it outright instead of this "healthcare professional" rubbish.

Plus if you don't understand my example then there's no point in furthering this conversation because you obviously have a poor grasp of the English language and an inability to understand analogies.
                      We can agree on this.

This ain't going anywhere. I discussed your analogy because I work in that environment you can have a guess at it or maybe you've already guessed it. But ultimately it doesn't matter because no matter you do if you sustain a bad injury you ain't gonna be able to do your job.

Comment

Working...
                      X