Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Crawford beating Pac the same king maker as AJ-Wlad?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheCleaner View Post
    i think crawford at least has the skill, size and power to beat manny by ko, we've seen pac put to sleep by JMM, it's do-able
    Cleaner, it took JMM 4 fights to get the KO. JMM is a master technician with years and years of experience and Nacho and team in his corner. I ain't saying Bud can't KO Pac, I am just pointing out it took JMM 4 fights to catch Pac with that monster shot.
    Everybody has size on Manny. Hell he fought Margs and Cotto.
    If the fight happens, Bud will need to move to 147. Fighting Pac for your first foray in to the 147 weight class is not very smart. Get some fights at 147 with true welters and then call him out. I may be too late but at least you are throwing caution to the wind. If Pac loses and/or retires before Bud warms up at 147, there will be other big fights for him.
    Don't rush in, you are still a young'un, go slow. The big money fights will be there.

Comment

I think Bud needs some fights against true 147ers. Then we can see how he handles the power. 140 to 147 is no joke. Even a fighter as skilled and big as Bud needs to get in there with true welters and see how he handles the upper weight.

Comment

Originally posted by dsomonster View Post
        Cleaner, it took JMM 4 fights to get the KO. JMM is a master technician with years and years of experience and Nacho and team in his corner. I ain't saying Bud can't KO Pac, I am just pointing out it took JMM 4 fights to catch Pac with that monster shot.
        If the fight happens, Bud will need to move to 147. Fighting Pac for your first foray in to the 147 weight class is not very smart. Get some fights at 147 with true welters and then call him out. I may be too late but at least you are throwing caution to the wind. If Pac loses and/or retires before Bud warms up at 147, there will be other big fights for him.
        Don't rush in, you are still a young'un, go slow. The big money fights will be there.
        I don't feel like getting acclimated to size will make bud any more prepared for manny. Manny has proven that he can hit people flush and not shake them for the last several years now.

If bud wants to win he will do so because of skill and not because he's too small. Hell manny is a small framed dude himself. If he feels his skills outweigh mannys then he should go for the fight. I've seen manny lose a step or three over the past several years and bud is as sharp as they come. Yeah he can be dragged into a war, but he's sharp and I feel like if Diaz came in 162 for Saturday's fight, then Bud can handle legit sized welters.
        Last edited by TheUptownKid; 05-22-2017, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Pacqiuao is passing the torch to Jeff Horn instead

Comment

It all depends on how he performs.

If he dominates (8 rounds to 4) or a knockout, it's a HUGE win.

If it's a close fight, people will just say he's another Timothy Bradley.

Comment

Absolutely. Crawford should do his best to catch Pac before he retires.

Comment

Originally posted by dsomonster View Post
                true, but the JMM KO was 5 years ago, and I thought they'd be looking to make the fight at 140.

Comment

Working...
                X