Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Suggests Crawford's Next Fight Won't Be Televised by HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
    There's no Klimov on Broner's ledger, so my assumption is that you were actually trying to reference Khabib Allakhverdiev, a fight that Broner's own company controlled all proceeds for (unless you were just throwing out a nonsense name).

About Billions Promotions picked up what Showtime was willing pay for the comeback fight, the UK fee for the fight from BoxNation, the proceeds from pretty much selling out a 17k-seat building in Cincinnati, and the rest of the proceeds. With all of those revenues coming into About Billions Promotions, if you honestly believe that all Broner saw was $750k, you're a fool.

Top Rank got the proceeds from the gate, the rights fee from HBO, the fee for the UK TV, the event sponsors, and the host of other revenues on the event in Las Vegas, and paid Crawford his almost $1.4m; not a genius or anything, there was far more money than $1.4m that ended up being cleared on that Postol fight, and Crawford saw what his purse was.

In a month's time, Easter Jr headlines another show from Toledo, OH on BounceTV, a show that will be the second time that he's headlining on BounceTV. work on that syntax understanding.
    U must make this up as u go along. School is in session. For the Khabib fight it may have been a 17k arena but only 5932 fans were in attendance lmaoooo!!! http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/2015/10/04/adrien-broner-khabib-allakhverdiev-us-bank-arena/73324774/

Crawford doubles that home.

U said that easter will have two fights in about a months time on bounce. More like in 6 months time. Thanks for playing though smh lmaooo

Comment

Originally posted by NC Uppercut View Post
      sadly enough I'm the dumba$$ that has kept that HBO subscription for boxing. I tried to rationalize dropping HBO or SHO, looked at the schedule and couldn't do it. PPV replays are keeping me at this point. 😂
      No idea how the sports bar scene is in your area, but I'd look into it; Showtime's schedule has kept me around (ended up getting the app), but I dropped HBO years ago ($20 for the PPVs that I want to catch, with the regular HBO cards available to me for the price of beers, lol). Do what you gotta do, though.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
        wrong again. Smith and Dirrell and Brook Spence are mandatories. The Spence fight is in the U.K. Because as the champ heresy 75% of the purse. Hearn has all the leverage over Haymon on this fight but not Dirrell callum. There are videos of Hearn dissing Haymons business plan.

Nice try though
        Hearn thinks the reverse model won't work, which is his opinion. Brook-Spence and Smith-Dirrell were both fights made without all that much hassle.

When Hearn and Haymon continue making fights without issue, I hope you recall how you felt here, lol.

Comment

U must make this up as u go along. School is in session. For the Khabib fight it may have been a 17k arena but only 5932 fans were in attendance lmaoooo!!! http://www.cincinnati.com/story/spor...rena/73324774/

Crawford doubles that home.

U said that easter will have two fights in about a months time on bounce. More like in 6 months time. Thanks for playing though smh lmaooo
          Please point to this fight against Klimov, lol.

I said that Easter Jr was going to be headlining his second PBC on Bounce TV show in roughly a month, you fool.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
            How about Crawford-McGregor?
            Good! Crawford should transfer to MMA. He might become a superstar there. He has not fought a meaningful fight at all which McGregor might give him.

Comment

For the Khabib fight it may have been a 17k arena but only 5932 fans were in attendance lmaoooo!!!

I was there this fight nor the granados fight sold out.

A top fighter wouldn't be too smart to fight broner at home.

The first combo he landed on khabib they stopped the fight when we clearly was not hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                Broners car got shot at a few weeks ago.
                I know. Arum was talking about his own car when he said it.

Comment

Please point to this fight against Klimov, lol.

I said that Easter Jr was going to be headlining his second PBC on Bounce TV show in roughly a month, you fool.
                  Your exact words were that Broner filled a 17k arena and made a big gate. He didn't even have 6,000 in the arena and lord knows how manny of those were ticket giveaways. Crawford sells more tickets in Vegas and ny than Broner sells at home. His granados fight didn't have a big crowd either.

You make stuff up all the time and get caught in your lies.

Comment

Hearn thinks the reverse model won't work, which is his opinion. Brook-Spence and Smith-Dirrell were both fights made without all that much hassle.

When Hearn and Haymon continue making fights without issue, I hope you recall how you felt here, lol.
                    Barthelemy vs Shafikov didn't have much issue between TMT and top rank. These are mandatories. There isn't much to work out. PBC has zero leverage in spence vs Brook. And that fight took a long time to make. Haymon would have to put up a $4 million purse bid to brig that fight to the usa and Brook would have got $3 million. He had no leverage.

Comment

Your exact words were that Broner filled a 17k arena and made a big gate. He didn't even have 6,000 in the arena and lord knows how manny of those were ticket giveaways. Crawford sells more tickets in Vegas and ny than Broner sells at home. His granados fight didn't have a big crowd either.

You make stuff up all the time and get caught in your lies.
                      The question is simple.

When did Adrien Broner have this Klimov fight that you insist on hanging your hat on?

Try to minimize it all you want, About Billions Promotions got the Showtime rights fee (off which it was disclosed that Broner got at least $700k), About Billions got the proceeds on the live gate, and About Billions got a share of all of the other revenues that went into the event. About Billions got the pie, and then likely settled the back-end money with Adrien Broner (owner of About Billions Prmotions).

Terence Crawford can sell whatever you want to claim that he's sold in Las Vegas or NYC; it doesn't change the reality that he doesn't own his event. Bob Arum paid him a purse, and Top Rank kept all of the proceeds on the back-end.

still waiting on that Klimov answer, too

Comment

Working...
                      X