No announcement yet.

can we just get rid of 140 altogether?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by redmish View Post
    That means that someone who is starting to struggle making lightweight has to bang 12 pounds on before they can move up in weight. Doesn't make too much sense to me because 140 has always gave us good fights.
    If they are struggling to make LW they're already WW's anyway usually.

Comment

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
      Agree. He's a mw in the ring. Until he moves up to 147 we won't know how good he really is.
      Until he moves up to welterweight where fighters are Super middleweights?

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
        If they are struggling to make LW they're already WW's anyway usually.
        You've lost me. I literally have no clue what you mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
          Exaggeration much? Crawford weighed 157 last night that's around what the average WW weighs on fight night.

Comment

Originally posted by redmish View Post
            You've lost me. I literally have no clue what you mean.
            Fighters that struggle to make weight are usually dehydrating 10lbs+.

Comment

Why do you waste a thread talking about getting ride of the 140 pound weight class when you should know that is never going to happen. The 140 pound weight class is just a weight class. You make it sound positively evil. It is no better or worse than any other weight class. Some boxers are too big to make 135 comfortably and a bit small for 147 so they fight at 140. No boxer is "hiding out " at 140 to avoid tough competition. They don't need to. They could fight at 135 or 147 and just not fight the best fighters at those weights. Wilder has done that for years as the WBC heavyweight champion. Lara hasn't fought anybody good since he lost to Canelo. Saunders has yet to defend his title against anybody very good. You are making a fuss over nothing. If there were no 140 pound weight class it wouldn't make boxing any better. Boxers can always avoid fighting the best if they want to. They don't need the 140 pound weight class to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                this division is a waste of space, always has been. had ricky hatton and danny garcia looking like kings in that division before they went to welter.

Yeah crawfords looking the business but the fighters in this division are god damn awful. Indongo was tripping over his own feet against burns. Diaz lost to shot peterson and hes rubbish, dont care about his amateur record or whatever, hes rubbish. Postol, well he gets hyped up but who did he beat, past prime matthyse? Well so did judah, alexander and garcia. Again, i said before the crawford fight he didnt look much good.

Just get rid of the weight class completely cause fighters just hide there, picking off subpar opposition. 147 always has been better and always will be, thats where the real fighters fight at, and if crawford wants to prove himself thats where hes got to go.
                because there's no good white fighters there? You didn't use this logic when g string was bowling over one middleweight/welterweight loser after another. Crawfords already moved up at least one weight class already, but your man crush (g string) just can't be held to the same standard
                Last edited by just the facts; 05-21-2017, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
                  Nope. Most 147 lbers are 155-160 lbs fight night.

Comment

Originally posted by GriffTannen View Post
                    I think he wakes up every day and thinks "how can I possibly make the dumbest thread today"
                    spot on, good post, nuff said and end thread

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                      ive never been as serious....
                      or as stupid

Comment

Working...
                      X