Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Terence Crawford have so many detractors?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There shouldn't be any criticism at this point. Especially if he goes on to unify with Indongo. He's a great fighter. I had my criticism but he beat the challenges presented to him. Hope he moves up to WW early 2018. Arum will have him competing with the Thurman, Brook, Spence. There's no choice, they have all the belts.

Comment

Originally posted by Hov View Post
      All he does is go out and demolish his opponents. I hear people saying TC should move up because of his height, size, and reach. Was Postol asked to move up before fighting Crawford? He's 3 inches taller than Crawford with a 3½ inch reach advantage. Why weren't people demanding he move up for the same reasons? The same with Golovkin, nobody ever demanded that he moved to 168.

Is it because he's black? Because that's what it seems like.
      And American. And he's what their favorite fighters claim to be.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
        Most of his detractors are supporters of other "black" boxers. It's mostly because he's with Top Rank and under Arum. "Floyd left Arum but Bud's an Arum puppet"........seen that sentiment several times.

Like him or not, Bud is truly one of the best P4P boxers in the world.
        Who are those people? Name them

Comment

That's silly. Most of the guys at 147 are black. Is anyone saying Thurman or Porter should move up? The reason some are saying that about Crawford is because he's totally dominant at 140. There is no drama with him fighting another 140 pounder. Everyone knows how it's going to turn out. Stop looking under your bed for the boogeyman.

Comment

It's clearly because he's from Nebraska. No one wants to give a young brotha from the corn credit cos they feel he's all about wiping out the town's adult population and sacrificing other kids to a demonic cornfield god.

Sheeeeeeeeeit.

Comment

Originally posted by [B
              Hov[/B];17689718]...

Is it because he's black? Because that's what it seems like.
              bojangles1987: ... "skin color"...

... Are you nuts???

... Crawford is more than OK...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                That's silly. Most of the guys at 147 are black. Is anyone saying Thurman or Porter should move up? The reason some are saying that about Crawford is because he's totally dominant at 140. There is no drama with him fighting another 140 pounder. Everyone knows how it's going to turn out. Stop looking under your bed for the boogeyman.
                It's gonna be even worse at 147 because Arum isn't gonna make any fights with PBC welterweights. Top Rank doesn't make 50/50 fights outside their stable unless it's a mandatory. Arum would want options on Thurman, Porter, Garcia, Spence, which he isn't getting. Bob lost money on Crawford last PPV. Do you think he's gonna lose money on another PPV with Crawford against a fighter that's not with Top Rank? He and Bradley aren't fighting. His only realistic options​ at 147 are Vargas & Pac. When he moves up hopefully the WBO will install him as the mandatory to Pac.

Comment

Most big name/hyped up fighters have lots of detractors. Its just the way it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    It's gonna be even worse at 147 because Arum isn't gonna make any fights with PBC welterweights. Top Rank doesn't make 50/50 fights outside their stable unless it's a mandatory. Arum would want options on Thurman, Porter, Garcia, Spence, which he isn't getting. Bob lost money on Crawford last PPV. Do you think he's gonna lose money on another PPV with Crawford against a fighter that's not with Top Rank? He and Bradley aren't fighting. His only realistic options​ at 147 are Vargas & Pac. When he moves up hopefully the WBO will install him as the mandatory to Pac.
                    I'm a fan of PAC amoung other fighters. PAC is fighting at this point in his career for money. If I were him I'd avoid Crawford for as long as possible. Your probably right about Arum so it doesn't look good for Crawford if he stays with Top Rank.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                      I'm a fan of PAC amoung other fighters. PAC is fighting at this point in his career for money. If I were him I'd avoid Crawford for as long as possible. Your probably right about Arum so it doesn't look good for Crawford if he stays with Top Rank.
                      I have no problem with Pac fighting for money, it is called prize fighting. All I ask is he give up the belt is he's gonna do that and let the young guys fight each other for it

Comment

Working...
                      X