Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some funny pics of Joe Calzaghe from his cocaine days.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rock&Roll View Post
    Haha. I value your posts, they are always short and sweet.. and rarely serious.
    Thank you sir

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
      You've crossed that line now. Now you are going to have a bunch of Welsh Ronnie Pickerings giving you red K LOL
      You traded Anthony Rizzo for someone Cuban bum who's name I can't even remember. Shame on you!

Comment

We all make mistakes. He had a bizarre style but he sure was always tuff to whip

Comment

Joey Zags ATG!

Comment

Him beating Hopkins was hilarious. The. Hopkins going on to lose to two more white boys hahah. Majority of his defeats at the hands of white men..

Word is when he walks the streets of Philly little black kids whisper "Joe calzaghe."

Comment

Originally posted by ESAU View Post
              Him beating Hopkins was hilarious. The. Hopkins going on to lose to two more white boys hahah. Majority of his defeats at the hands of white men..

Word is when he walks the streets of Philly little black kids whisper "Joe calzaghe."
              Hahah! Made me laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                Calzaghe is a weird one, he was rated 2 or 3 in most p4p lists, won titles at 2 weights and still probably underachieved in some ways. He never stepped up enough earlier in his career at his physical peak. He showed when he did step up like fighting and beating an undefeated Kessler that he was the real deal...he just didn't do it enough. He was probably past his best then too but we never really got to see his best.

If he lacks greatness, i believe it's mostly down to lack of ambition to prove it, because he had the ability. Then again, in fairness he was sign as quite high risk/low reward around the early 2000's when he should have been in is prime. He never got real recognition until he was about mid 30's.
                Joe should have fought Michalzwki TBH back when the Russian had some gas left in 02.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                  Joe should have fought Michalzwki TBH back when the Russian had some gas left in 02.
                  Wasn't he Polish? or am i confusing him with someone else

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                    Wasn't he Polish? or am i confusing him with someone else
                    Don't really know. But Michalzwki was a very strong fighter. Unified the WBO, WBC, IBF & The Ring & Lineal Light Heavyweight Titles in 97 then drops it all together for the WBO, strong power too, ducked Jones though. Joe could have beat Michalzwki.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                      Don't really know. But Michalzwki was a very strong fighter. Unified the WBO, WBC, IBF & The Ring & Lineal Light Heavyweight Titles in 97 then drops it all together for the WBO, strong power too, ducked Jones though. Joe could have beat Michalzwki.
                      Yeah i made a thread about him not long ago asking how good he was.

I was a bit young to see him fight and never really watched any footage of him on youtube either. I had heard about him and saw his record and noticed he beat some guys like Virgil Hill. I was wondering if he was genuinely good, or a bit of a Sven Ottke.

Comment

Working...
                      X