Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ward vs kov 2 is less than a month away, there was more talk before finalized, WHY?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nveleven View Post
    Because with any big fight in 2017, keeping the public interested outside of fight week is hard.
    Conor McGregor knew this, so he started putting out his own 24/7 clips on The Mac Life. It gets millions of views and he puts one out every other day for months leading up to the fight.
    Like it or not, Floyd & Conor know how to self-promote.

Ward comes across as the most boring human on earth (plus he's a religious nut). And Kovalev comes across as a cold psychopath.
    These guys need to be making the rounds on popular podcasts. Rogan is obsessed w this fight, and talks Ward up all the time. One appearance nets either guy an instant viewership of at least a million.
    Why these guys don't get this is anyone's guess.
    'Til then, watch the sport die a slow death, but you shouldn't wonder "why?"
    Good post. I'm not a huge Floyd fan and i cant stand Conor but they do know how to sell and thats huge to the fans.

Comment

Canelo-Golovkin was announced?

This is pretty basic. The squeekiest wheel gets the grease. If Floyd/McGregor gets announced, then Canelo/Golovkin will take a step into the shadows.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
        Hence the comedic statements "...are not real boxing fans"
        they just wanted something to beotch about......hoped it never happened and the silence proves it in my eyes

this happened the first fight.

Comment

Originally posted by eco1 View Post
          Ward did not win the first fight.
          huuuuummmm so why does he have his belts after all 3 judges say he did?

Comment

Because people seem more preoccupied with the Golovkin Canelo fight.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
              Canelo-Golovkin was announced?

This is pretty basic. The squeekiest wheel gets the grease. If Floyd/McGregor gets announced, then Canelo/Golovkin will take a step into the shadows.
              I doubt it. The media doesnt talk about boxing unless Floyd is involved regardless but i doubt it will be a big thing here. Canelo-GGG is the biggest fight in boxing.

Watch any sports show and they talk about Conor-Floyd and they have been for months. First Take, Undisputed, ESPN Radio, Joe and Evan, etc. Its been this way for months and the fight hasnt even been announced. Boxing in general gets no attention. Although i was surprised when they showed the Canelo-Chavez weigh in and they talked about Canelo-GGG a little after that. Interviewed Atlas, GGG, Oscar but the networks dont care for fights like Ward-Kov, Garcia-Thurman, GGG-Canelo. They should be/should have been segments on these shows because they are legit

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
                As per usual all they want is someone to be afraid of certain fighters..and once the fighter shows no fear they shut the **** up
                That's Boxing Scene in a nutshell.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  you are preoccupied with race and contribute to the toxicity of boxingscene. everybody knows it and nobody takes you seriously.

i expect fully that you'l claim i'm racially motivated and a ward hater

there's very little talk of this fight because both promotors are woefully unequipped to build a PPV. say what you want about alvarez, but he's very well promoted and constantly in the eye of the media. it is up to the promotors to release information, conduct press conferences and stage media releases, and generate compelling material that sells fights. kovalev speaks almost no english and andre ward is a self centered ******* with the personality of a bucket of spit.

dude...where did race come in the equation

can you idiots please stop deflecting and be man enough to admit your ideals.....

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                    But you could get up for claiming Ward was ducking. Why do that if you weren't interested in the fight?
                    bu bu bu the realpugilist race baiting doe

naw I exposed the fake azz fans who didn't want the fight to happen because their is a chance ward will win more convincingly

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
                      As per usual all they want is someone to be afraid of certain fighters..and once the fighter shows no fear they shut the **** up
                      summed it up larry

Comment

Working...
                      X