No announcement yet.

Shakur Stevenson: Brick City

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    I don't even like hearing a guy who's at the contender level being accepting of a L so I don't like seeing a guy on the come up talking like this. I think when you lose it should be the biggest thing in the world for a professional fighter. And that's not to saying you can't lose or you suck like the dummies around here would say or that you deny that you lost despite all evidence to the contrary. But I think losing should kinda f#ck you up. It should be hard to lose. It should make you strive to better so you have to deal with L's as seldom as possible in your career.

And maybe I'm just misunderstanding his overall point here cuz he does seem to have had that mindset in his recent past with the 2 Villa L's & the Olympic final L, but the way the article ends it sounds like he's altered his perception of L's moving forward from the tough way he took L's previously which I think is how you should take L's. L's f#cking suck & I think you need to be a little or even a lot f#cking delusional about your ability to excel & win & your inability to lose to reach your maximum level in most competitive environments.
    He says he took 4 months out of boxing after that loss. He also cried a lot and didn't want to talk to anybody after the fight finished.

Do you think he wasn't affected by the loss?

Comment

Wasnt too impressed with him at the olympics but hey best of luck to him hope he doesn't turn out a biiitch like Andre.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        BRICK CITY STAND UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
          Wasnt too impressed with him at the olympics but hey best of luck to him hope he doesn't turn out a biiitch like Andre.
          You already turned out to be a b*tch.

Comment

I think when you lose it should be the biggest thing in the world for a professional fighter. And that's not to saying you can't lose or you suck like the dummies around here would say or that you deny that you lost despite all evidence to the contrary. But I think losing should kinda f#ck you up. It should be hard to lose. It should make you strive to better so you have to deal with L's as seldom as possible in your career.

And maybe I'm just misunderstanding his overall point here cuz he does seem to have had that mindset in his recent past with the 2 Villa L's & the Olympic final L, but the way the article ends it sounds like he's altered his perception of L's moving forward from the tough way he took L's previously which I think is how you should take L's. L's f#cking suck & I think you need to be a little or even a lot f#cking delusional about your ability to excel & win & your inability to lose to reach your maximum level in most competitive environments.
            Originally posted by Shakur Stevenson
            Here’s the other thing, I think a lot of people nowadays look at a career like Floyd Mayweather’s, see him going undefeated and think a loss is the biggest thing in the world. I used to think that too.
            Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
            He says he took 4 months out of boxing after that loss. He also cried a lot and didn't want to talk to anybody after the fight finished.

Do you think he wasn't affected by the loss?
            I don't think you are understanding me or didn't fully read what I said.

From how I read the article it sounded like HE DID take losses hard in the past, but it sounded like HE'S CHANGED how he views L's now.

And what I'm suggesting is that I believe his old way of looking at losses as the worst thing in the world is how I think people in competitive spaces like professional boxing should look at them. I want my fighters to be a lil f#cking delusional about themselves, their abilities & L's. I don't want them thinking a L isn't so bad.

Comment

I don't think you are understanding me or didn't fully read what I said.

From how I read the article it sounded like HE DID take losses hard in the past, but it sounded like HE'S CHANGED how he views L's now.

And what I'm suggesting is that I believe his old way of looking at losses as the worst thing in the world is how I think people in competitive spaces like professional boxing should look at them. I want my fighters to be a lil f#cking delusional about themselves, their abilities & L's. I don't want them thinking a L isn't so bad.
              Maybe he's just saying that he's come to terms with the fact that his Olympic loss doesn't make him a failure - that it's worth going on. You cling too hard to a dream, man, and it can break you if it fucks up. At the end of the day the kid did lose - and on the biggest stage of all - somehow he's got to absorb that ish, rationalise it.
              Last edited by Citizen Koba; 05-17-2017, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                You already turned out to be a b*tch.
                - triggered

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
                  - triggered
                  Yes you are.

Couldn't even keep Ward out of this thread....or your mouth

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                    Be ready to have some insight, from what the "sweet science" really is:

Regarding his fight for the Gold medal:

IS THAT YOU ANDRE WARD?

Oh, I keep reading:

Wait. It gets better:

You already started well, son!

Wait, there's more:

Don't know why I'm not surprised.

Bonus:

But there is hope, that's the good part:
                    Nobody cares how exciting amateur boxing is you dummy fuk off

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                      Yes you are.

Couldn't even keep Ward out of this thread....or your mouth
                      Why you crying doe does he pay your bills? loser ass niigga

Comment

Working...
                      X