Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KB vs Spence: the guy who hasn't been dropped seen as the one with suspect jaw, why?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KB vs Spence: the guy who hasn't been dropped seen as the one with suspect jaw, why?

Spence has never been dropped in his pro career, all that people do is point out this shot against Lartey which he took well and shook off quickly. He took some good shots against Barrera so is it really a suspect jaw or just occasional defensive mistakes? To me Spence has proven he has a GOOD chin.

Brook has been knocked down but this rarely gets pointed out by the same people who talk about Errol's chin and he got visibly wobbled against Shenchenko.

Not saying Brook has a bad chin at all but if it was Spence dropped early in his career and wobbled vs Senchenko then those suspect chin accusations at 147 would make more sense.
    Last edited by Caught Square; 05-16-2017, 03:05 PM.

dropped? his glove barely touched the canvas

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
      dropped? his glove barely touched the canvas
      Lol that was a clean shot, he weren't laid out but he clearly touched the canvas.

Comment

A few guys in boxing such as Malignaggi have alluded to the fact Spence might not have a good chin.

Not that what Paulie or anyone else says is gospel of course, but you sometimes have to wonder what they hear from connections within the game who have been in the gym and whatnot. They would obviously be far better connected than pretty much everyone on here.

Anyway, i guess we will see if Spence has a good chin or not. Brook is very accurate and a good puncher so i fully expect him to land some flush shots on Spence who doesn't look all that elusive to me.

Comment

Its going to be a damn good fight and people are just pulling **** out of their ass

Comment

Maybe it's his style that causes guys to think this. He has only had two good opponents and was on the back foot much of the time. Personally, I think Brook probably has a great chin. Look at that ugly pitbull neck on him. Yes, he did get dropped (glove on the floor means dropped, for those unaware) but he's also stayed upright through some wicked shots so I'll say he's got a solid chin.

Spence is young and has a babyface. Everyone calls guys like that "suspect" for some reason, even if there's nothing supporting it.

Comment

Spence is one of Mayweather's fighters. Some who dislike Floyd may be saying this to influence odds.

Comment

Errol Spence hasn't fought a puncher in his life. Wonder why.

Still got rocked.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                  A few guys in boxing such as Malignaggi have alluded to the fact Spence might not have a good chin.

Not that what Paulie or anyone else says is gospel of course, but you sometimes have to wonder what they hear from connections within the game who have been in the gym and whatnot. They would obviously be far better connected than pretty much everyone on here.

Anyway, i guess we will see if Spence has a good chin or not. Brook is very accurate and a good puncher so i fully expect him to land some flush shots on Spence who doesn't look all that elusive to me.
                  Brook gets hit more than Spence..and has been hurt more,even dropped.

Speaking of Malinaggi....it was his leftovers (shenchenko) that had Brook hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    Maybe it's his style that causes guys to think this. He has only had two good opponents and was on the back foot much of the time. Personally, I think Brook probably has a great chin. Look at that ugly pitbull neck on him. Yes, he did get dropped (glove on the floor means dropped, for those unaware) but he's also stayed upright through some wicked shots so I'll say he's got a solid chin.

Spence is young and has a babyface. Everyone calls guys like that "suspect" for some reason, even if there's nothing supporting it.
                    But there is something that supports it? He's been rocked badly by a guy with 3 KOs. That's as supporting as it gets.

It doesn't mean that he has a shaky chin, we will only know once he gets tagged by someone decent. But right now there is a theory supported by evidence.

Some people thought Brook was shaky too. That was put to bed in the GGG fight.
                    Maybe the same will happen for Spence in the Brook fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X