Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parker vs Whyte

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got Parker with the edge due to a superior jab and, unlike Whyte, actually having the ability to use the ring and see angles. Whyte is a tough SOB but he lacks those finer points.

Parker needs to show something in his next fight - he can be excused for the flat performance against Cojanu, spending three months preparing for Hughie while having to deal with constant distractions and bull**** that comes with that Camp, then changing opponents last minute...that can throw anyone off.

He needs to show the UK and the boxing world if he's the real deal.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
      Dillian Whyte is technically the slightly better fighter but? his power has seems to of disappeared since his fight with Anthony Joshua! I suspect this is down to his shoulder injury he sustained within that fight! as well as the change in his training program, i believe he was training more old school prior to the aftermath of his Anthony Joshua defeat! (He seems to have gained some nonfunctional muscle mass in my opinion!)...

This is a 55/45 fight! just in favor of Dillian Whtye!
      I would slightly favor Whyte . Where do you think he has gained non functional muscle mass ? Ithink hes really just trying to get rnds in...Parker genuinely looks to be struggling . The only guy that actually gave Whyte a run in a even fight was Chisora who trained with Jennings and Povetkin in Russia ,i think that fight alone would give Whyte the edge too as he will better gage his punch count in a 12 rnd war again(he has no stamina doe)!

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
        Breazeale had won rnd 4 prior to start to slow down Mansour ,as stated you really dont know what your talking about half the time . I hope my posts have educated you but i doubt it , your constant left field random posts show you dont have an actual answer for anything i posted .

Your also the only one who thinks this an easy win for either??? Another Weiland classic point of view in a match you couldn't get more even out of the top guys ? Go figure ....and you dont even consider Whyte also just above 20 fights a decent fighter ,must be nice in Weiland world where every top guy not named Klitchko were overated or a hype job??Luckily Joshua did win there would be no fights left according to what you say ...lol
        So you're telling me Whyte is one of the top guys right ?

Comment

I would slightly favor Whyte . Where do you think he has gained non functional muscle mass ? Ithink hes really just trying to get rnds in...Parker genuinely looks to be struggling . The only guy that actually gave Whyte a run in a even fight was Chisora who trained with Jennings and Povetkin in Russia ,i think that fight alone would give Whyte the edge too as he will better gage his punch count in a 12 rnd war again(he has no stamina doe)!
          The muscle mass he has gained, is not functional mass in my opinion (Its body building muscle!).. Go back and look at his fight up against Anthony Joshua! at times he looked like the FASTER fighter with his hand speed and agility/movement! Since that fight he has implemented a lot of sport science gym based workouts! (His agility and movement has decreased, and in my opinion his power has gone aswell!)...I can only put this down to his power to weight ratio being negatively effected by his new training regimes! some people are just very inefficient at gaining functional muscle mass! for example sprinters and power-lifters are very efficient at gaining functional muscle mass!

He will probably win up against Parker, but fighters such as David Haye, Anthony Joshua, Deontay Wilder will all spark him out in my opinion!

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
            The muscle mass he has gained, is not functional mass in my opinion (Its body building muscle!).. Go back and look at his fight up against Anthony Joshua! at times he looked like the FASTER fighter with his hand speed and agility/movement! Since that fight he has implemented a lot of sport science gym based workouts! (His agility and movement has decreased, and in my opinion his power has gone aswell!)...I can only put this down to his power to weight ratio being negatively effected by his new training regimes! some people are just very inefficient at gaining functional muscle mass! for example sprinters and power-lifters are very efficient at gaining functional muscle mass!

He will probably win up against Parker, but fighters such as David Haye, Anthony Joshua, Deontay Wilder will all spark him out in my opinion!
            In his last fight he was picking off most of Chisoras shots with his back/right hand and effectively countering off the back foot landing the cleaner shots (of course one has to watch with open eyes which why many gave the fight to Chisora ) When he planted down on his punches they hurt Chisora ,if Chisora had not been in such shape he would have been k.o'd after 6 sometime .Chisora also landed clean hooks which showed Whytes chin ,which we saw anyway going 7 with Joshua .

I see a very dangerous fighter that has developed into a boxer puncher able to go southpaw /orthodox,creates odd angles and has learned to fight off the ropes from the Chisora fight .Just as Joshua lifted his game in 19 fights i suspect Whyte has reached that point now . We will see ,at 250 he also has a great tank .

His punching technique is flawed bc hes an arm puncher (minus the body shots ) ,this also takes less energy to do and if hes going to play long distance boxer this could benefit him . I think he does have to get back to more power shot punching more in his punch selection and mix it in more as you stated since the Joshua fight bc the guys you listed would eventually get him ,but Whyte is no walk through for guys outside Joshua .

Only a fool doesnt have him in a top ten spot or a top fighter.
            Last edited by juggernaut666; 05-16-2017, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
              So you're telling me Whyte is one of the top guys right ?
              Read my last sentence (i know the entire will be a waste ) in my last post above !

Comment

whyte is a top 10 fighter ? lmao he lost to a shot chisora, who the fuk has he ever beaten, bootpolish?

hes total garbage and you're only saying hes good because you got juicehuas dong in your greasy mouth

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                  whyte is a top 10 fighter ? lmao he lost to a shot chisora, who the fuk has he ever beaten, bootpolish?

hes total garbage and you're only saying hes good because you got juicehuas dong in your greasy mouth
                  If we are going by that logic well than Parker has 2 L's one too a short out of prime Takam who has NO relevant win in 10 years and another short guy with overatted power also NO significant win who had to drop 100 pounds just to get in shape? Parker could barely handle a journeyman with a glass jaw with a 50% K.o record and was able to land easy shots for 12 rnds (lucky the guy cant punch has a build of a guy in his late 40's ,dad bod )...see how this works?

Mlac the Whack you seem to know more about dong and talk more on the lines of Weiland another head case !

Comment

If we are going by that logic well than Parker has 2 L's one too a short out of prime Takam who has NO relevant win in 10 years and another short guy with overatted power also NO significant win who had to drop 100 pounds just to get in shape? Parker could barely handle a journeyman with a glass jaw with a 50% K.o record and was able to land easy shots for 12 rnds (lucky the guy cant punch has a build of a guy in his late 40's ,dad bod )...see how this works?

Mlac the Whack you seem to know more about dong and talk more on the lines of Weiland another head case !
                    Parker doesnt have 2 L's, you know there is a difference between a loss and a close fight you complete and utter greaseballed mentalist
                    Why are you even blabbering on about parker i asked why whyte is a top 10 fighter

Comment

Parker doesnt have 2 L's, you know there is a difference between a loss and a close fight you complete and utter greaseballed mentalist
                      Why are you even blabbering on about parker i asked why whyte is a top 10 fighter
                      You apparently don't know there is a difference between a loss and a close fight...

I've highlighted the key points in bold for you.

That said, I don't think Whyte is a top 10 fighter, though I do think Whyte v Parker is competitive.

Comment

Working...
                      X