Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why do certain posters point out the early comp of loma, usyk and gvozdyk?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
    I think Mikey Garcia is great. A fight between him and Loma would be really exciting.
    I'd be backing Loma, of course, but I can see Garcia winning too.

I don't see too many people dismissing Mikey. If they do, then they shouldn't. He's awesome.

I think you might be downplaying the significance of how many pro fights a boxer has though. Age isn't the only factor, and I don't think it is even the biggest factor.

I mean, if you take two fighters of the same age, and one has zero pro fights behind them while the other has thirty? There is a definite advantage to having that pro experience.
    eh...i respect your opinion...youve presented it well

but if there was a big advantage do u really think that loma would wait so long to turn? and do u think he'd be facing this comp this early?...i really question if someone would wait and if someone like arum would let loma move like this at this pace if it pro experience mattered

i could agree that it could matter to average to below average guys...but to guys that are special like loma ..or even mikey...i dunno if that pro experience thing really matters that much

and ya...guys do bash mikey...if you arent seeing it you arent paying attention...but i agree...mikey shouldnt be getting any hate

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
      if spence beats brook he will get praise from me. at the moment hes beaten noone.
      that does nothing to answer my question though....typical of golovkin/EE fans to deflect and change the subject

spence is 2-3 years younger than loma...and 3-4 years younger than gvozdyk.......when spence steps through those ropes against brook it will be better than anything either of those guys have done win or lose....

so why guys knocking spences resume and praising those guys for having a good/impressive resumes at 30 years old?

whenever golovkins resume gets brought up you guys defend it "well hes a young 35 he still has time to right the ship lets see where it goes before we bash him"

yet u guys are on about a 26/27 year old guy and his weak resume...

Comment

I wish people would simply love the sport of boxing rather than be in this thing (like a good half of this forum it seems) for racial/cultural/national reasons...It seems that boxing is another avenue were people try to assert their self worth through fighters in the ring....pathetic...

East Euros get into bigger fights earlier on because their whole system is different. They have extensive amateur careers they are all Olympians and age is not on their side.

They fight bigger fights early on not only because they are older and have no time, but for the simple fact that its a WAIST of time for them. Why should Loma fight no hoppers when he only really needed two fights to become champ? All of hte guys mentioned here fought in the WSB.

Why does Usyk need 20 fights if all he needed was ten fights?

They are not rushed because of their age (although it is a factor), they are not doing what the Americans are doing because they have a different system.

American fighters have zero to no amateur careers and their amateur game is nothing like the former Soviet bloc. Soviet bloc AMs are state sponsored, they fight internationally in huge tournaments. Hence American fighters need many pro fights to get on the level.

Look at Wilder.....that's a shameful example of any Olympic product, only in the game due to his physical attributes and ability to deliver devastating blows with his fists no mater how ugly or unconventional his punches might be.

Nothing wrong with Spence's resume....

These resumes shouldn't be compared.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
          that does nothing to answer my question though....typical of golovkin/EE fans to deflect and change the subject

spence is 2-3 years younger than loma...and 3-4 years younger than gvozdyk.......when spence steps through those ropes against brook it will be better than anything either of those guys have done win or lose....

so why guys knocking spences resume and praising those guys for having a good/impressive resumes at 30 years old?

whenever golovkins resume gets brought up you guys defend it "well hes a young 35 he still has time to right the ship lets see where it goes before we bash him"

yet u guys are on about a 26/27 year old guy and his weak resume...
          you act like spence has already beaten brook lol.... my point is his CV is dog**** as things stand.

Comment

Working...
          X