Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why do certain posters point out the early comp of loma, usyk and gvozdyk?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
    its really a rhetorical question..i already know the answer..its desperate posters in desperate need to prop up their current/future heros...

but honestly...i see guys going around and saying things like 'gvozdyk already amassing an impressive resume"

the dude is 30 years old FFS...and has all this "amatuer experience" that the same fans seem to value...why would this be a suprise?

mikey garcia has beaten the same common opponents that loma has fought...and was the same age as loma when he beat them

how come errol spences resume gets questioned
    ....when hes 26/27 and going to the UK to fight kell brook(someone u guys had to make out to be great to try and save face for your boy golovkin).....but yall gotta question his resume

meanwhile usyk is in their with 5-9 southpaws...and gvozdyk is "amassing a nice resume this early"????
    because he hasnt fought anyone with pulse yet you all keep hyping him up. thats why it gets questioned.

Comment

yeah but didnt garcia put martinez out first?

floyd took hatton out first right? then juan lazcano had him hurt...then pac knocks him out ....should we suck pac off even more for beating a guy floyd ko'd then lazcano had on queer street?

again...you are picking on mikey here cause its easy..since hes been inactive and is trying to get his career back on track while loma is getting a huge push right out the gate.......when mikey was humming along he was no different than loma

so address why some are impressed with gvozdyk and talking about how hes already amassed a good resume ....but someone like spence, who is 3 years younger, is going to the UK to fight brook ...and he gets trashed?
      I'm not picking on Garcia because it's easy, it's reasonable to think he could have beaten Sosa and Walters. But, you can't discredit Loma and his performance against them and give Garcia theoretical credit for that. Each fighters resume is their own and Loma's is there.

As for Gvozdyk, I don't think he's the top prospect at LHW, I think Beterbiev is.

Comment

Originally posted by ghost94 View Post
        I'm not picking on Garcia because it's easy, it's reasonable to think he could have beaten Sosa and Walters. But, you can't discredit Loma and his performance against them and give Garcia theoretical credit for that. Each fighters resume is their own and Loma's is there.

As for Gvozdyk, I don't think he's the top prospect at LHW, I think Beterbiev is.
        my point IS...im not trying to discredit LOMA!!! at all!!!

but some have gone out of their way to knock mikey or act like loma(or any of the EE guys) are doing something more impressive because of their short pro resume...when in reality their age dicatates they should be fighting the level of comp they are fighting

whats the difference between spence fighting brook and loma fighting any guy hes faced? none really...cept loma chased some medals and turned pro later.......but one is trashed for his resume while the other is praised for his....yet in reality spence is 2-3 years younger

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
          because he hasnt fought anyone with pulse yet you all keep hyping him up. thats why it gets questioned.
          hes like 2-3 years younger than loma

and his fight in two weeks is going to trump anything on lomas resume

granted lomas overall is better....but spence is still younger and has time to catch up and surpass

so why is spence dogged by guys like with you(with a name that implies you will lap up golovkin, or any eastern euros, semen) but loma is praised?

Comment

This website is the equivalent of Democrats vs. Republicans. Two sides in staunch opposition of each other blowing hot air. Bigging up their favorites accomplishments and undermining their oppositions favorites.

Comment

i thought mikey garcia quit on his stool vs slezalido said his nose hurt him

Comment

is that a fair question? since mikey has been inactive and in a promotional squabble of his own?

the point is...he beat salido and martinez at the same age loma did...those are common opponents...same age....so why do loma fans act like loma has accomplished some great feat because loma decided to chase medals for awhile instead of fighting pro?
                Because he kind of came out of nowhere and fought for a title almost immediately. That's very unusual.

Comment

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

but some have gone out of their way to knock mikey or act like loma(or any of the EE guys) are doing something more impressive because of their short pro resume...when in reality their age dicatates they should be fighting the level of comp they are fighting
                    I think Mikey Garcia is great. A fight between him and Loma would be really exciting.
                    I'd be backing Loma, of course, but I can see Garcia winning too.

I don't see too many people dismissing Mikey. If they do, then they shouldn't. He's awesome.

I think you might be downplaying the significance of how many pro fights a boxer has though. Age isn't the only factor, and I don't think it is even the biggest factor.

I mean, if you take two fighters of the same age, and one has zero pro fights behind them while the other has thirty? There is a definite advantage to having that pro experience.

Comment

hes like 2-3 years younger than loma

and his fight in two weeks is going to trump anything on lomas resume

granted lomas overall is better....but spence is still younger and has time to catch up and surpass

so why is spence dogged by guys like with you(with a name that implies you will lap up golovkin, or any eastern euros, semen) but loma is praised?
                      if spence beats brook he will get praise from me. at the moment hes beaten noone.

Comment

Working...
                      X