No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather's style is something to behold

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Mayweather's style is something to behold

It is like he was 3 steps ahead of his opponents, He was so focused in the ring. He was truly molded at a young age and born to box. The guy could do it all in the ring and adjust to any situation. I understand people dislike his attitude and personality, but inside the ring the guy was a down right genius.

Floyd is clearly the greatest fighter of the last 25 years hands down, he has defeated the who's who of this era(regardless of the excuses people make) He defeated them while they were either top p4p or current world champions. Most of his work came when he himself was past prime and 3-4 divisions over his start up weight.

Agreed....inb4 pacf@gs and floyd haters infest your thread like the roaches they are.

Comment

It goes Ali, Sugar Ray Leonard, Whitaker, Roy Jones Jr, Floyd, and Loma. As in the lineage of fighters who I have watched and I have genuinely told myself I have never seen anyone do some of the things that they can do.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
        It goes Ali, Sugar Ray Leonard, Whitaker, Roy Jones Jr, Floyd, and Loma. As in the lineage of fighters who I have watched and I have genuinely told myself I have never seen anyone do some of the things that they can do.
        I have to agree, you have fighting..then you have boxing which is a science..

Comment

Amazing fighter...one of the best ever

Comment

I once heard an interesting spin. Someone said that Floyd's best attribute was not his speed, defense, intelligence, chin, nor stamina, but his ability to focus for 36 minutes. When I thought about it it really makes sense. Floyd is so concentrated in his fights and that's evident by how rare it is for him to make a mistake and he almost NEVER makes the same mistake twice.

So Floyd had good defense, great stamina, granite chin, and good speed - but his ability to completely focused for an entire fight is what set him apart and made him special. Of course those other things didn't hurt him XD

Comment

He's the most skilled fighter I've seen fight live incredible guy

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
                I once heard an interesting spin. Someone said that Floyd's best attribute was not his speed, defense, intelligence, chin, nor stamina, but his ability to focus for 36 minutes. When I thought about it it really makes sense. Floyd is so concentrated in his fights and that's evident by how rare it is for him to make a mistake and he almost NEVER makes the same mistake twice.

So Floyd had good defense, great stamina, granite chin, and good speed - but his ability to completely focused for an entire fight is what set him apart and made him special. Of course those other things didn't hurt him XD
                That is a great point

Comment

Floyd had SUPERIOR defense, not just "good defense." People confuse being focused with predatory intuition (compubox). That he learned by watching his family in the ring at such a young age and sparring with Whitaker of course. Guys like Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder.. can just play intuitively while being influenced by environment and culture. That's Floyd.

We will never know how great Gladiators were by footage, but I like to imagine his survival skills would've impressed inside an Arena.

Comment

Yeah, i've said similar things on here a few times too about his focus in the ring.

People can pick apart his resume if they want, you can do that with any fighter if you have an agenda. It's also pretty much logistically impossible to fight everyone at their best. But just look at the names on his record, yeah some weren't prime but to turn up for 19 years as a pro, always in shape and remain focused enough to basically never make a mistake in the ring that gets you heavily dropped or KO'd or even just have an off night against the names he's faced, it's really an incredible feat.

He's a polarising figure but he's the best of his era and i think he will be more respected as time goes on.

Comment

Working...
                    X