Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

British boxing fans! Why hasn't Tyrone Nurse had any fights above domestic level..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British boxing fans! Why hasn't Tyrone Nurse had any fights above domestic level..

He's heavily heavily featured in all domestic piss-ups, but never has he faced a true "world level contender."

I know he's drew with, or lost to unimpressive domestic chaps (although that draw in his most recent fight against Joe Hughes was SILLY BUGGERS - some buggery going on for sure!

Lol also - would you say he's the British-mulatto Paulie 'PILLOW FISTS" Malignaggi?

Because he is a domestic level fighter really. Shows flashes of real class mixed in with some shocking stuff as well.

The guy is tall and has a massive reach for a JWW but still elects to fight on the inside when he has zero power.

Shame because if he really focussed on the style that suits him i think he has the ability to make at least Euro level.

Comment

Because he basically is just domestic level.

Also, he's being used as an "opponent" it seems. Warren is putting him in with Catterall expecting Catterall to beat him. Surprising really, he moved to Warren and is now basically being set up to lose a domestic fight.

Comment

I don't really rate him much. He has his limits, and and would get beaten at world level IMO

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
          Because he basically is just domestic level.

Also, he's being used as an "opponent" it seems. Warren is putting him in with Catterall expecting Catterall to beat him. Surprising really, he moved to Warren and is now basically being set up to lose a domestic fight.
          Wouldnt really call it being set up tbh. Catterall is his mando for the British.

If he isnt going to fight the likes of Catterall, who is he going to fight?

Comment

I mean, if he's a Hearn, or a Warren fellow, then usually their guys get world title shots by this point in their careers.

But with this pillow-fisted bloke, Mr. Nurse, he seems to have never really taken that "next stsdkdkkkkjddfb fvep-up" fight? He's won the English, and British titles at his weight-division, made defenses thereof, but never then tried to go for world honors?

Warren or Hearn usually find a way for their guys to either get the most lucrative title shot, or a shot at the "weakest link," if you will, title-holder - and bring the fight to Britain.

Ole boy has had damn near 40 fights, and they have all been domestic PISS UPS!

COME ON PILLOW FISTS - STEP YO' GAME UP, SON!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
              Because he is a domestic level fighter really. Shows flashes of real class mixed in with some shocking stuff as well.

The guy is tall and has a massive reach for a JWW but still elects to fight on the inside when he has zero power.

Shame because if he really focussed on the style that suits him i think he has the ability to make at least Euro level.
              AYE - this.

I think he's definitely on the level of a lot of British guys who fought several times at the Euro, and world level, with varying amounts of success such as Macklin, the Smith brothers (with exception of Callum - who I think could be something special). Hell, I think he's not even far behind Ricky Burns, and Anthony Crolla.

Just weird he's never even had ONE world-level type opponent when he has a major promoter!

Perhaps what others have said - his promotional company actually uses him as an opponent to build up other British blokes.

Comment

I train with Tyrone Nurse lol, it's incredibly frustrating to see a guy with clearly so much talent fight to none of his strengths But I wish him the best and hopefully he can get a step up soon. He fights today in a rematch against the guy he drew with.

Comment

Originally posted by SalimShady1212 View Post
                  I train with Tyrone Nurse lol, it's incredibly frustrating to see a guy with clearly so much talent fight to none of his strengths But I wish him the best and hopefully he can get a step up soon. He fights today in a rematch against the guy he drew with.
                  Nice!

Yeah I just saw he won earlier - good - he deserved the W last time too..

Is Nurse fairly well off from boxing? Or does he have to work a second job to make ends meet?

Comment

I don't really think much of Nurse, he seems to make every fight he's in unnecessarily hard. Never uses his height and reach to his advantage, and seems to switch off randomly. Plus he has absolutely zero power lol.

If jack Catterall is half decent he should beat Nurse in July.

Comment

Working...
                    X