Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dulorme Not Making Money With TMT, Starts Driving Uber

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guy is a bum, thats why he cant make no money. Money is out there, just need to earn it

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      What promoter is signing up his fighters for money management classes? Fair play to critique Floyd about stuff he should be critiqued about, but this seems like a weird thing to expect from Floyd or any promoter.

Floyd's job is to get him fights. He gave him a fight in Jan. after signing him in Nov. & is likely shopping for fights now & likely a good &/or meaningful fight cuz one thing Floyd does is put his guys in sink or swim situations quickly.

Where is his manager in all this? Where was his manager when he got his career high payday vs Crawford to tell him not to piss that away too quick just in case he lost or got injured or a million other things that could happen? Where is his manager to secure him a job sparring for other fighters? Or find him other potential income generating jobs or side projects?

I mean ffs if he's going to his manager & his manager is saying he signed him up to be a uber driver til Floyd gets him a fight maybe he should be finding himself a new manager instead of dogging his promoter. Floyd & Dulorme get paid when Dulorme fights. Dulorme & Dulorme's manager get paid when Dulorme fights or Dulorme does anything his manager helped secure for him in or outside of boxing.

I think there is far more personal responsibility with Dulorme about this specific situation he finds himself in then some people wanna act like there is. I mean how many employers of 6 months are gonna throw a guy a bunch of money in hopes he can earn it back to pay him back at some future date? Why should Floyd? Floyd probably doesn't even for sure know how serious this kid is yet at this point in his career or know if he can depend on him to cover his side of the deal.

I mean idk if Floyd is on some Don King sh^t with buying his fighters cars and stuff only to write it off from there purses in the future, but it seems like Floyd is loyal to his guys, helps them out & sometimes even micro manages TOO MUCH from what I see (Tank would be a prime example of that lately) that he wouldn't be looking out for this guy to the degree he believes in him like any other promoter would be doing or better based on his past.

And sometimes sh^t it just takes time & its not like there is some random title fight Floyd could get Dulorme into at 140 or 147 randomly right now like he's done for several other guys already. 140 is locked up between Indongo & Crawford & the bs mandatory situation for the rest of the year probably & Dulorme hasn't proven he can do anything at 147 yet to even get on the long list of title fight options for anyone there yet.

Yea his fighters do fight tough competition.

He got Ashley Theophane a title shot against Broner.

Comment

What promoter is signing up his fighters for money management classes? Fair play to critique Floyd about stuff he should be critiqued about, but this seems like a weird thing to expect from Floyd or any promoter.

Floyd's job is to get him fights. He gave him a fight in Jan. after signing him in Nov. & is likely shopping for fights now & likely a good &/or meaningful fight cuz one thing Floyd does is put his guys in sink or swim situations quickly.

Where is his manager in all this? Where was his manager when he got his career high payday vs Crawford to tell him not to piss that away too quick just in case he lost or got injured or a million other things that could happen? Where is his manager to secure him a job sparring for other fighters? Or find him other potential income generating jobs or side projects?

I mean ffs if he's going to his manager & his manager is saying he signed him up to be a uber driver til Floyd gets him a fight maybe he should be finding himself a new manager instead of dogging his promoter. Floyd & Dulorme get paid when Dulorme fights. Dulorme & Dulorme's manager get paid when Dulorme fights or Dulorme does anything his manager helped secure for him in or outside of boxing.

I think there is far more personal responsibility with Dulorme about this specific situation he finds himself in then some people wanna act like there is. I mean how many employers of 6 months are gonna throw a guy a bunch of money in hopes he can earn it back to pay him back at some future date? Why should Floyd? Floyd probably doesn't even for sure know how serious this kid is yet at this point in his career or know if he can depend on him to cover his side of the deal.

I mean idk if Floyd is on some Don King sh^t with buying his fighters cars and stuff only to write it off from there purses in the future, but it seems like Floyd is loyal to his guys, helps them out & sometimes even micro manages TOO MUCH from what I see (Tank would be a prime example of that lately) that he wouldn't be looking out for this guy to the degree he believes in him like any other promoter would be doing or better based on his past.

And sometimes sh^t it just takes time & its not like there is some random title fight Floyd could get Dulorme into at 140 or 147 randomly right now like he's done for several other guys already. 140 is locked up between Indongo & Crawford & the bs mandatory situation for the rest of the year probably & Dulorme hasn't proven he can do anything at 147 yet to even get on the long list of title fight options for anyone there yet.
        Well I am not really knocking Floyd because like I said it is something he could do, it doesn't mean he has to and it is not his job other than to take care of his fighters for the fights they do for him.

That is just an outside the box way of helping his guys, and if he wants to go above and beyond the call of duty that is a good way to approach it because it is teaching a man to fish rather than just giving him a fish.

If Dulorme wants to make money boxing he needs to be active Floyd does plenty of cards so the opportunity is there for him and after a few fairly easy wins in Shobox or ShoXtreme fights he will certainly be in line for bigger things at 147 as there are plenty of guys on that side of the street that can use an opponent that is decently credible but fairly beatable also. If he can win a fight like that then he has a lot of options.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
          All the bums like John Molina the PBC rolled out as opponents, they couldn't get this kid some work?
          John Molina, bum though he may be, shows up every time.

Comment

• Originally posted by JASON SHAW View Post
            funny you say floyd only helps himself like a lying scumbag but dozens of people who are employed to him give examples of his generosity..... He has 2 champions you dumb bum..... Keep washing dishes instead of hating on a legend....
            I wouldn't usually, but you are the punctuational equivalent of Borat. So to clarify..

I am a lying scumbag because my opinion is different to yours.

"Dozens" (lol) of his employees saw what happened when his Baby Mama wouldn't play along.

I am also a ****** vagrant because Floyd has two Champions.

TBH, I didn't even know this was still an employable role in society, but you do

In summary, your profound insights have not changed my opinion of Floyd, but someone should tell him to stop buying friends when a few around here are offering unconditional love for free.

Comment

• Fighters just don't get to fight often enough these days. It's gotten to be a joke. He should do okay with Uber. Some drivers do pretty well. Sounds like he should leave TMT for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                That is just an outside the box way of helping his guys, and if he wants to go above and beyond the call of duty that is a good way to approach it because it is teaching a man to fish rather than just giving him a fish.
                But hasn't he done that in the past? I've seen him taking time with a lot of cats on the way up &/or with his team. People act like Tank is his first protégé, but I remember when he was hyping & buying a car for Weston Ferguson who probably is managing the In & Out Burger in Vegas these days if he didn't go back to Michigan. If anything I'd say Floyd mighta been too generous with his fighters. Promoters should be making fights & doing business with venues, sponsors & getting fights setup not making friends & loaning out money to fighters.

If Dulorme wants to make money boxing he needs to be active Floyd does plenty of cards so the opportunity is there for him and after a few fairly easy wins in Shobox or ShoXtreme fights he will certainly be in line for bigger things at 147 as there are plenty of guys on that side of the street that can use an opponent that is decently credible but fairly beatable also. If he can win a fight like that then he has a lot of options.
                I wonder if he's calling Ellerbe day & night asking for a fight. Or calling Floyd saying hook me up I'm broke & just need a keep busy fight or something. Or did Floyd &/or Ellerbe give him the blueprint & said hang back & he said cool.

I'd argue Dulorme is in an interesting spot right now where he's not ranked that I can tell, but he's got a bit of a name so he could get called up by a top guy or more notable name looking for a decently known opponent for a nice high 5 digit or 6 digit payday vs just throwing him in vs some 21-8, lost his last 5 type guy for $15k or something.

And fwiw I'm hoping Dulorme sticks to 140. I think he can win a belt there once Crawford is gone. Idk that he can become a legit top ten guy at 147 or even get a title shot in the division just cuz of how competitive it is & how inactive those guys are these days.

Manny barely fights & once Manny retires Arum is probably just gonna find a way to get Bradley a WBO title shot. Thurman barely fights & when he does he does seem to be looking for the better named guys anyway. The only chance Dulorme has is if Brook or Spence want to fight him & I think both those are awful fights for him where he's probably gonna get KTFO & not look all that great hurting his value for Mayweather Promotions & himself moving forward. Need to get my boy some slimfast & get him at 140.

Comment

But hasn't he done that in the past? I've seen him taking time with a lot of cats on the way up &/or with his team. People act like Tank is his first protégé, but I remember when he was hyping & buying a car for Weston Ferguson who probably is managing the In & Out Burger in Vegas these days if he didn't go back to Michigan. If anything I'd say Floyd mighta been too generous with his fighters. Promoters should be making fights & doing business with venues, sponsors & getting fights setup not making friends & loaning out money to fighters.

I wonder if he's calling Ellerbe day & night asking for a fight. Or calling Floyd saying hook me up I'm broke & just need a keep busy fight or something. Or did Floyd &/or Ellerbe give him the blueprint & said hang back & he said cool.

I'd argue Dulorme is in an interesting spot right now where he's not ranked that I can tell, but he's got a bit of a name so he could get called up by a top guy or more notable name looking for a decently known opponent for a nice high 5 digit or 6 digit payday vs just throwing him in vs some 21-8, lost his last 5 type guy for $15k or something.

And fwiw I'm hoping Dulorme sticks to 140. I think he can win a belt there once Crawford is gone. Idk that he can become a legit top ten guy at 147 or even get a title shot in the division just cuz of how competitive it is & how inactive those guys are these days.

Manny barely fights & once Manny retires Arum is probably just gonna find a way to get Bradley a WBO title shot. Thurman barely fights & when he does he does seem to be looking for the better named guys anyway. The only chance Dulorme has is if Brook or Spence want to fight him & I think both those are awful fights for him where he's probably gonna get KTFO & not look all that great hurting his value for Mayweather Promotions & himself moving forward. Need to get my boy some slimfast & get him at 140.
                  Spence should he win Dulorme would be fine for a first defense, and if he can win a fight or two before that it would make him some money on the front side and probably up his money on the back end too. Broner would probably fight him too which would be solid money ad he might just pull out a win. Him versus Algeiri in New York could make some money. He can certainly get **** around fights to bide his time as Floyd puts on plenty of cards can get him on FS1, Shobox or an undercard on ShoXtreme. He has to put in the effort though if he really wants to make something of his career. He seems like a pretty big guy so I think he is more suited to 147 at this point anyway and on that side of the street that is probably where the better money is at.

The first part like I said if Floyd is going to give dudes stuff better to actually give them a means to actually deal with life rather than just giving them stuff. Getting hand outs is not something that makes a fighter stronger, sure it can help them out if they are in a bind and that might be called for on occasions. A fool and his money are soon parted though. So if he is going to go out of his way to help guys actually having them learn something or be put in a position where they can be more successful in life would be a better allocation of resources for the fighters.

For Floyd the promoter, it is like I said the dumber they are about their value the better for Floyd or any promoter.
                  Last edited by The Gambler1981; 05-13-2017, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Who the fuck is hector lopez!

Comment

• Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                      Wasn't Salido driving an Uber too? It's not like Salido is broke.
                      Some guys hustle for every dime they can get. Salido had a small 4 fleet taxi service in Mexico before relocating to Arizona.

Can't blame a for having a side hustle.

Comment

Working...
                      X