No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury UKAD Hearing Has Been Postponed Due To Conflict

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Funky_Monk View Post
    What corruption do you believe to have happened?
    Saying they are inept before the full report is published seems to be jumping the gun...
    Allowing a boxer to compete when he tested positive with no investigation hearing or charges.

If you believe their is nothing amiss here good on you, I'm all for a clean sport personally.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
      Allowing a boxer to compete when he tested positive with no investigation hearing or charges.

If you believe their is nothing amiss here good on you, I'm all for a clean sport personally.
      Perhaps we can drop the childish comments.

What's your understanding of the timeline?
      I'm finding it hard to get reliable sources for this.

Comment

Fury will most likely sink into depression again and gain all the weight he lost training for July 8th. I think he's done. UKAD are probably stalling in the hopes Fury quits rather than expose him and expose themselves in the process.

Comment

Fury was headed out to the hearing when he realized he still had the needle hanging out of his arm.

Comment

Farcical. Wonder who suggested there was a conflict of interest? Surely it was Fury. Can't imagine that UKAD suddenly noticed it themselves.

That's the thing about Frank's sob story for the Furys. Yes, UKAD is a joke. The Furys should have received long suspensions as soon as they were popped for Nandrolone and let them appeal it if they want.

But the Furys are the reason it's gone on so long. UKAD won't decide or announce anything until all appeals and other issues have been dealt with. The only reason it can have gone on this long is that the Furys keep lodging appeals and objections. Only recently didn't Tyson say he was suing UKAD himself?

The Furys have played the public well in making it look like they're being victimised. But the truth is they doped and have up to this point paid no penalty for it. UKAD's way of dealing with failed tests is ludicrous and stacked in favour of wealthy athletes who can drag out the legal process, but Fury is the one who's taken advantage of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
              Farcical. Wonder who suggested there was a conflict of interest? Surely it was Fury. Can't imagine that UKAD suddenly noticed it themselves.

That's the thing about Frank's sob story for the Furys. Yes, UKAD is a joke. The Furys should have received long suspensions as soon as they were popped for Nandrolone and let them appeal it if they want.

But the Furys are the reason it's gone on so long. UKAD won't decide or announce anything until all appeals and other issues have been dealt with. The only reason it can have gone on this long is that the Furys keep lodging appeals and objections. Only recently didn't Tyson say he was suing UKAD himself?

The Furys have played the public well in making it look like they're being victimised. But the truth is they doped and have up to this point paid no penalty for it. UKAD's way of dealing with failed tests is ludicrous and stacked in favour of wealthy athletes who can drag out the legal process, but Fury is the one who's taken advantage of that.
              I would think it quite likely someone internally would declare a conflict of interest.
              Would only benefit Fury to detail one after a hearing, should it go against him?

Comment

Originally posted by Funky_Monk View Post
                I would think it quite likely someone internally would declare a conflict of interest.
                Would only benefit Fury to detail one after a hearing, should it go against him?
                The delay in UKAD's conclusion of this case can really only be explained by appeals from Fury. Normally it doesn't take too long for a hearing to be held and for a suspension to be handed down. But like I said, their stupid rules means that they have seemingly infinite patience for appeals and objections. On that basis I think Fury's legal actions are the reason it's taken so long to wrap up the case. If it's been Fury's strategy to drag things out to this point, then maybe the conflict of interest thing is just the latest move.

It's hard to tell what's going on because of how little UKAD will say, but it seems like Fury has been fighting the case on the basis of mental incompetence:

The degree of fault in negligence is reflected in the length of the ban; or no ban imposed at all, if the athlete was for example; suffering from a cognitive impairment. The process of this reasoning is intuitively sound and denotes the fact that any evidential mental impairment suffered by an athlete during the period in question, amounts to the view that this athlete may not have been accountable for their actions. This latter conclusion will necessarily rely on irrefutable evidence showing the athlete to have been mentally unfit.
                That lines up with what we've seen and heard from Fury in public. I don't think it would have taken this long to hash out the old 'tainted supplements' excuse. But mental fitness is something that might take time to establish.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                  The delay in UKAD's conclusion of this case can really only be explained by appeals from Fury. Normally it doesn't take too long for a hearing to be held and for a suspension to be handed down. But like I said, their stupid rules means that they have seemingly infinite patience for appeals and objections. On that basis I think Fury's legal actions are the reason it's taken so long to wrap up the case. If it's been Fury's strategy to drag things out to this point, then maybe the conflict of interest thing is just the latest move.

It's hard to tell what's going on because of how little UKAD will say, but it seems like Fury has been fighting the case on the basis of mental incompetence:

That lines up with what we've seen and heard from Fury in public. I don't think it would have taken this long to hash out the old 'tainted supplements' excuse. But mental fitness is something that might take time to establish.
                  Hmm I find that quote very worrying.

A modern day Heller would have a field day writing a boxing novel on that premise!

Comment

what really worries me is the real HW champion, Joshua, being a brit.

can he get away with the blatant drug cheating that fury gets away with? look at the two of them. you think one is on the gas but the other is not?

boxing in the UK is getting huge and dirtier by the second. i hope most of joshua's big fights come to vegas where you get a real athletic commission and hopefully they instidute a vada program, not this UKAD corrupt nonsense.

FFS he and his brother are BOTH under investigation, and are BOTH being allowed to finish their careers before they even come in front of a panel for a hearing.

in b4 the brits act like fury isn't the most obvious drug cheat in boxing right now. i hope that clown is suspended for two years and retires. fat f#ck isn't getting through training for his tune ups anyway. he'll take a tune up just for the press tour and the publicty, and get "injured" railing 3.5 grams of coke in a sitting.

Comment

This is seriously one of the most bizarre things we've seen in the sport in modern times.

Have they tested the b-sample yet, or not??

Comment

Working...
                      X